kidney stones...............

Captain Mark

Well, I've been out of pocket for a while. Had to have a kidney stone removed!:mad: I don't know how many of you boys have had one, but it is one of the worst things you can have. Very painful. Come to find out, I have several stones in each kidney. It will take a while to get all of them out.

This is the pits!:( I'll be glad when this is over.

what a wuss!!!! what's the matter ya dont like giving birth threw your ..... ;) been there an it "passed" ...gives people somethin to look forward to :eek:

I feel for you brother! Several? That is awful! I started having them when I was 12, 20 years ago. Had it surgically removed. Passed a couple 2 years ago and thought that was an ordeal. Can't imagine what you're going through. That is a completely mind altering, incapacitating kind of pain when you have a bad one(s). What are they doing to remove them? I know they have better ways now, at least I hope so, for your sake. Keep the Dilaudid handy!

They went up and blasted it with a laser. Tomorrow I have to get blasted with the sound waves. That breaks them up to a smaller size, and is easier to pass.

This sucks.

I know a woman who had a kidney stone. Though it's rarer for them to have them it's quite possible. She said it was actually WORSE than childbirth and she had 3 kids! One of them was without medication!

James:eek:

Three times, the first time it passed while I was driving to the hospital. I told my son to be ready to take the wheel if I passed out, he was only 13 at the time.

Yeah, labor doesn't last a month or 2 while the doctor gives you a chance to pass it. No chance for an epideral when you can't take it anymore. Then you're yacking up the pain pills because of the pain. Shot time!...but then you have to make it to the doctor for that! Mine hit while I was driving last time. Almost killed myself trying to make it to the hospital. The hour before they'd see me was the longest hour of my life!
Those things just plain suck.

If you have a history of them - start taking apple cider vinegar. Not the crap at ShopRite, the natural ones you can get in most health food stores. Tablespoon twice a day before meals.

ITs what they feed to big million dollar racehorses to prevent intestine stones. Guess what? IF owners trust it to million dollar investments - its good enough for you.

Drink distilled water. Take the minerals that you cannot digest properly out - stay hydrated to keep them flushed and from forming.

Kidney Flushes/Stone Prevention Link from my website

And that BS about low calcium diets being good for them? BS. The body cannot use 99% of the calcium you get in water or supplements - its the garbage calcium from crap in our diets that helps to form stones. Get your calcium from carrots, veges in general, mollasses, etc.

MSNBC on Calcium and Stones

And, finally, you think yours were bad? Try passing this:

Kidney Stone Pic

:)

Yeah, that bit about calcium isn't right. 20 years ago they said they were made of calcium, now the doctor's tell you calcium has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: In a few more years they'll have another story. I don't even get mine analyzed. They had some crazy diet (nothing left to eat) and then all that turned out to be BS! Screw it. It's not worth it to kill yourself over it and worry about it every day. Of course, that's easy to say when you *don't* have one at the time. ;) You're right about the water though. Always a good idea. Best way to pass one too.

I have had three Kidney stones in the past four years. Each one of them took 2 weeks to pass. With the first one, I went to the doctor and he gave me pain pills. I was popping them like candy. It would not pass and I went to the hospital after the first week. They made me drink something that would allow them to xray and see my kidneys. They saw the blockage but said it was not a complete blockage and I would have to wait for it to pass. I popped pills for another week until it finally passed. It was a great day when that stone plopped out of there. They examined it and said it was calcium based, and for me to quit drinking soft drinks because it was likely leaching calcium out of my body and building up in my kidneys. I quit drinking all softdrinks and have had two more since then. They again both took two weeks to pass. When that pain hit, I would just roll around on the floor wishing that I never existed. If it were a constant pain, I don't think a person could survive very long!

ooh, don't remind me!!!
Woke up one morning about 6:30 am with what I thought was a backache and within 90 minutes I was on my knees! Man there is no relief no matter how you move. Got to the hospital and they gave me 3 of those tubes of morphine and then 2 perocets and I was now feel'in fine! Must have past it during the time I was floating around, because i never felt it after that.:)

i had two of them also. the first one wasnt that bad, but the second one was aquater inch thick and i actually passed it. every time i took a leak there was blood, and the pain . forget about it.:eek:

Pissing blood, incredible pain, and even more pain! :eek:

I'm now live in horrible fear of kidney stones!

James

I've passed several on my own (with lots of pain pills) and I've had two surgically removed. You know, they don't use a scalple for the surgury, the just enter through your tiny tiny body cavity. :eek: I keep 3 percocetts with me for the next time they hit.

Originally posted by XLR8
You know, they don't use a scalple for the surgury

Yeah, now! I looked like I'd had a C section! LOL! That was a long time ago though. The "entry" method now doesn't sound like a great experience either, by any means. The ultrasound seems like the way to go. Can't figure out why they don't just do that as soon as they find out that you have the stones. Why suffer? Is there a risk or side effect?

Originally posted by GN One Day...
Yeah, now! I looked like I'd had a C section! LOL! That was a long time ago though. The "entry" method now doesn't sound like a great experience either, by any means. The ultrasound seems like the way to go. Can't figure out why they don't just do that as soon as they find out that you have the stones. Why suffer? Is there a risk or side effect?

Its expensive for one thing, and cant be used in all cases. I've got one right now, hasn't started to really move yet. They like you to try and pass them naturally if possible, and save the sonic blast for the ones that are too big or cause infection. Doc told me to cut out sweet tea (yeah right!!) and various other stuff, but screw that.

yesterday the Doc said mine looked like it was made of Uric acid, whatever that is. The bad part is it is one of the hardest types of stones. I'm lucky if the sonic blasting even busts it in half. He said it is about as hard as concrete!

I now have a stent in my right kidney to help it get out easier.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
yesterday the Doc said mine looked like it was made of Uric acid, whatever that is. The bad part is it is one of the hardest types of stones. I'm lucky if the sonic blasting even busts it in half. He said it is about as hard as concrete!

I now have a stent in my right kidney to help it get out easier.

Weil Weil 2