Kevins

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
I talked to you a while ago about my dads car and some suspension problems........he's talked to some people and he's leaving the ATR sway bar in with the Wolfe bar. Is there any positive or negatives effect to this?? Thanks

No drawbacks at all but the ATR bar becomes completely useless while the Wolfe bar is connected. For street cars this is a good setup since you can easily disconnect the Wolfe bar links then drive around with a "normal" sway bar. Then at the track just connect the links.

hth's
ks:)

Well, this is no longer street driven, so I guess there is no use for it at all. Oh well:D

But since we're on the topic of suspension, and from what I've seen you know your stuff. My dad rear suspension is as follows:

QA-1 adjustable shocks
Hotchkis control arms and braces
notch frame with 28.5x11.5 slicks
Wolfe single sway bar

I dont really know what the 8 second cars are using, but would that be an ok setup for a mid to high 8 second car?? Thanks

I have no experience with the Hotchkis arms so I don't know how durable the bushings are under that much power. If the car starts to run mid 8's a Wolfe bar with the dual preload bars may be in order. I've seen a few 8 sec Stangs do a lot of twisting and they are lighter than the GN's so you may be stressing the chassis more and could use the dual Wolfe bar. You may want to contact Wolfe and see what they recommend.

Remember, the one thing that I have found is that it's not just the parts on the car that make it launch good but the geometry of the control arms. If you get the car running good and the car doesn't launch hard then look at the rear control arm geometry. Normally I'd do this First but unfortunately it is harder to correct on the GNs.

ks:)

The single vs. double Wolfebar was an issue when my dad was first looking into buying it. But what it came down to was people telling him that the single would be plenty. But I guess what people say means nothing until you get the car out there and see for your self. And I'm still sure that our car would benefit from an adjustable type control arm like the wolfe arms(which we have) but at the time he didnt have the time to fool with them, and frankly he wasnt planning on going any faster than the 9.50's that he ran, so he just put the Hotchkis setup on. At the track they seemed to work decent, but we had many other problems..ie car swaying back and forth, posi slipping and only one tire spinning, and the tires would bow out in the middle and rip the wheel well moldings off...........too many problems to see if the suspension itself was doing its job. Thanks for the help, and I'll keep ya updated on what happens:)

Originally posted by VictoryTrans
Thanks for the help, and I'll keep ya updated on what happens:)

KEWL... It's amazing the differences that a 8 second car needs vs a 9 second car. When things are used in a car that fast I usually start to caution on the "better" or safer side of things..

Good Luck and be safe!
ks:cool: