Kenne Bell chip 9006-P

DRO

Admiral
Still trying to learn about my '87 Turbo-T and discovered it has a Kenne Bell 9006-P chip. Been looking for info/specs on this but to no avail. Anybody have any info on what this chip is doing to my car?

Thanks,
David R

Hey DRO, I think the model for that KB chip is called ULTIMATE???. If your car has the original wastegate actuator, then the boost supposed to come out to 17# in all gears. Not sure if additional timing was programed into the chip too. I had the 9006p-2 (-2 for 40# injectors) awhile ago, but now i'm using a Jay Carter 93 street chip and am very happy with it:D current tech = better performance!!!;)

heh heh heh........
Now i'm not sure about what I just posted.... OK I have 2 chips right here in front of me:
9006p-2 = Hi-Lo chip, 19# in 1 & 2nd, 17 in 3rd-4th.
9006p3-40 = Ultimate chip, 17# in all gears.

hope his helps:D

Hi Lo

Yeah, that helps. I was also wondering what "hi-lo" means...

Thanks for the input.

David R

Re: Hi Lo

Originally posted by DRO
Yeah, that helps. I was also wondering what "hi-lo" means...

Thanks for the input.

David R

"hi-lo" means that Kenne-Bell charges you a "hi" price and you get "lo" performance. :eek:

Do yourself and your car a favour and go and buy a Jay Carter chip and see how much better your car runs. The first time I installed a Jay Carter chip I was amazed at how smooth the car idled and I was happy with the extra performance that I got from it as well.

Good luck,

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

I went from the KB Hi/Lo chip to the Jay Carter chip and the difference was a BIG one. Plus the KB chip detonated like a beeauch at all boost levels. Too much advance. ERIC.:)

There is a lot of timing in the KB chips.

Hi Lo I think means higer boost in first and second and lower in third and fourth gears programmed into the chip.

Just my .02.

I ran the 9006U for about 9 years in my car, only problem was a "bit" of detonation primarily in the summer.

The Hi-Lo stuff is regarding the operation of the fan. They send you some sort of switch that does something with the fan as far as running it in low or high speed.

FWIW the newer Kenne Bell stuff I have seen, while not near as advanced as stuff that the better chip guys are doing, isn't so bad. Problem is there is a LOT of the old stuff out there floating around. While these days that stuff is detonation city, you have to keep in mind that back in the day when these cars were new, gasoline was a lot better than it is now and you could get away with a lot more.