Ken!!!!! TL issues

jon_we4

Cold Fusion Monkey
um. So I got my car running and put it on the shop dyno after the shop closed. I was running TL at the same time for each run.

I just went over the files.

Apparantly I got my car up to 192mph and almost 6900rpm

Does this mean the one second of 17KR was incorrect too?

It seems like only that run the file is goofy, the file before and after that look to be right.

I'm running that new 4.0 and the only thing different in that run was my MAFT was set at 6% lean.

If you need anything let me know. Anyone else see this?

Jon
Speed Inc

One other thing that was different.

When putting it in drive (not overdrive) i accidently put it in second...and then put it back into drive after getting the speed up a little.

Sometimes a hard shift like that can tug on the wiring harness (especially the grounds at the back of the heads ... ).

This causes a garbled datastream momentary ... so I'd check all the wiring at the back of the passenger's side head and anything else that might tug on the harness.

I've also seen momentary outages when the connector on the back of the PC presses against the seat cushion enough to "wiggle" it. Drove me nuts one day ... everytime I hit a bump or jumped on it, the data would get crazy. Finally traced it to the back of the PC ... put a book underneath it and problem solved.

it wasnt a spike. I have about a dozen frames where im going from 140 to 192

All I can say is check for ground issues ...

Also, we've all seen similar issues when the high speed fan relay or TCC solenoid are "noisy". Do you think that might be a possibility....

Does your hardware "black box" have a yellow LED or a GREEN LED?

One final thing ... send me email and I can pass it by the other guys and see if they have any ideas. It's kind of tough to monitor TB sometimes during the day.
\

My black box has a green light.

Since it was the entire run and only this middle run it must be me putting into 2 and driving.... it showed when it should have been in 3rd, but i was still in 2nd ...then i shifted it into drive.... I'm sure it didnt know I was in 2nd gear or something.

I doubt the MAFT did this.

No rush... I'm just trying to get the car tuned in.

I'll shoot the file via email to you monday or so.

Jon