Keeping stock radio but adding ipod option

Mnt86SS

My GN is equipped with the original a/c delco radio with the built in eq option and concert sound door panels. I would like to keep everything stock but add an ipod option. Has anyone done this ? What is the best way to do this ?

You can also get the Cassette Adapter. Plugs right into the Cassette player and has a wire that plugs right into your Ipod. Quality Sound.:cool:

I did purchase a radio from the seller on ebay. Currently has item 190427876480 up for auction. It was a very successful transaction and the radio works perfectly. I also put one in my 1988 IROC. Both are great.

I have a standard cassette deck which has been modified by adding a miniplug to the output of the radio. This bypasses the cassette deck. I simply insert a cassette when I want to play an external cd or MPS player. Somebody on this board knows how to do this as it has been done many times. I am sure it is easily done. Do some homework or better post a new thread about the miniplug addition. Brad

Or you can simply get an FM Modulator for your iPod, turn the radio to a quiet FM station, tune the iPod to the same station and voila, a iPod enable GN without doing anything more then simply tuning your radio to a particul station.