K1 Rod problems

fast400

Has anyone out there using K1 rods had any problems with them? IE taper, out of round, or other quality issues? Any bearing failures using K1 rods?

fast400 said:
Has anyone out there using K1 rods had any problems with them? IE taper, out of round, or other quality issues? Any bearing failures using K1 rods?

There was a thread a few months back where there was a problem identified with rod(s). it's up to the assembler to catch these problems. I had a stock shortblock that I freshened last year and it had an out of round big end on one rod it wasnt much but not definitely not round. No explanation for it either. I don't remember the bearing being hammered. But it was definitely a problem that was caught and corrected.

There was a thread a few months back where there was a problem identified with rod(s). it's up to the assembler to catch these problems. I had a stock shortblock that I freshened last year and it had an out of round big end on one rod it wasnt much but not definitely not round. No explanation for it either. I don't remember the bearing being hammered. But it was definitely a problem that was caught and corrected.
Wish you lived closer to Missouri.