K1 rod/ARP torque spec.

disco stu

Putting an engine back together and forgot the torque spec with ARP assembly lube.

I asked Dan and he told me 30lb/ft and 30 degree angle. But that was not with ARP lube.

Putting an engine back together and forgot the torque spec with ARP assembly lube.

I asked Dan and he told me 30lb/ft and 30 degree angle. But that was not with ARP lube.

I know that the K1 rods come with instructions for using the torque angle method and a small packet of EPL. I don't remember the #'s though... Sorry!!

K.

John,
You misunderstood me , I said 30 # preload and 60 degrees. That spec is
with the high pressure lube supplied. If you need some I can send you a tube.
K1 doesn't have a torque because it is not accurate

Ah, thanks again. I still had some of the supplied tube left, I think I can stretch it.

I know this is an old thread, but can't the rods just be torqued to 55ft/lbs and call it a day? Why the mystery with the stretch technique and 60deg past 30ft/lbs? I understand that different methods are considered more or less accurate, but 1000's of builder having been using torque numbers as reference, not stretch....successfully.

How did you make out with the rods? Were you able to get an even clearance across the journal at 55 ft/lbs? I hope you were able to make them work.
Jer

How did you make out with the rods? Were you able to get an even clearance across the journal at 55 ft/lbs? I hope you were able to make them work.
Jer
Jer,
I wound up with about .0005" taper at the worst spot...decided to give it a shot...If I were to do it over, the stock rods would go back in. For my application the stockers are strong enough. I've got the heads back on, and am now waiting on the correct chain to button up the bottom. If you wanna stop by, I'll probably be out there working on it.

Love too, but I'm on leave in the states. I'll definitely stop by when I get back. Just finished working on my dad’s TTA which had an injector problem. Going through my diff tomorrow with a stud kit. Do you have a part number for the Moser axels? I will probably order them soon.
Talk to you soon.
Jer