K&N Valve cover breather

tta583

For those with K&N filters replacing your oil filler caps, what K&N PN are you using?

Thanks,

Brent

Sean,

I went there and looked before I posted. He offers the filter and a nicely machines "adapter" that screws into the valve cover like a oil filler cap at like $50 bucks.

What I am working on is hunting up a set of replacement covers now so that I have oil filler holes on both sides. Given they are replacements and not my origionals I have no issue with knocking the teeth out of them that the oil cap, or the adapter, locks onto. I, thus, should be fine with a push in style filter as I will have no need for the adpater. This is give that there is no filter that just screws right in.

I recall measuring the hole at about an 1 1/2 but I saw no filter from K&N that size in the places I looked so I decided to ask.

Brent

I see what you are saying. I was trying to do something similar but just gave up and bought what John offered. I am looking for another driver side valve cover so I could put another filter from John on the passenger side. Sorry about that.

Sean

Ahhh..I did mine a little different..See theres a 3.0 motor came out in 85 that uses the GN style breathers..which have no standoff..So I got a couple of those valve covers and bought the cheaper/more abundant GN standoffs :) so I have breathers on both sides.

I dont know of any 1.5 diameter KN filters..also ya want to keep them away from the covers to prevent oil from splashing on the breather elements..

FWIW..Metco is the manufacturer of all these breathers standoffs.

HTH

As Razor said, Metco makes the breathers that Johns Performance sells. Check there price.

Any pics of the GN breathers out on the Internet? I am going to stop be a large engine core dealer tomorrow looking for the covers. He has PILES of that stuff. Should have no problem finding them, it is just a matter of what am I looking for.

I will hit a couple of the buick vendor's sites to see if there is a good pic to be found.

Brent