Just Wondering??????

NEVERLIFT

Just wondering why some people selling parts post the pics so anyone interested can see them. And others choose to e-mail them many, many times to anyone that might just want to see the parts.

Seems like if you had the pics available to e-mail it would be a lot easier to just post the pics on the board to begin with.
( Are some ashamed of what they are selling? Trying to hide something?
Or is there a good reason I'm not aware of?)

Maybe just a personal preference.

Thanks,

One reason might be the 92kb limit on file size..Whereas most email accounts can handle many times that...Seems that it would benefit the buyer and seller to be able to email larger more accurate pictures then to post small ones here.. I doubt that people selling here have ulterior motives for not posting smallish pics, particularly of small items that would be better served by higher res pictures..:confused:

I always wondered why someone always wants a photo of something. can you tell from a photo if injectors are any good? can you tell from a photo that a throttle body is any good? I can understand photos of many items, but there are several that I think are just :rolleyes: .

One reason might be the 92kb limit on file size..Whereas most email accounts can handle many times that...Seems that it would benefit the buyer and seller to be able to email larger more accurate pictures then to post small ones here.. I doubt that people selling here have ulterior motives for not posting smallish pics, particularly of small items that would be better served by higher res pictures..:confused:

Instead of re-sizing my pics, I set my camera cell phone to the highest resolution, take the pic and send it to my e-mail acct. Then I download the pic to the thread:biggrin:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

This isn't something that really bugs me but it has crossed my small mind a few times :biggrin: I guess I can live with the file resizing being a PITA for some people making emailing easier.

Here's another way to do this. Take pics with your digital camera. Open a Photobucket account, which is free. Did I mention it's FREE?
Now, when you create a post to sell your stuff, you can simply copy and paste the link to your pics of the parts you are trying to sell. The photobucket account will automatically downsize your pics for email friendly and bb friendly sizes. This method has worked very well for me for awhile now.
Free Image and Video Hosting - Photo Image Hosting Site : Photobucket.com
And people who are serious buyers will check out the pics on your account.

Just my O2's worth

Here's another way to do this. Take pics with your digital camera. Open a Photobucket account, which is free. Did I mention it's FREE?
Now, when you create a post to sell your stuff, you can simply copy and paste the link to your pics of the parts you are trying to sell. The photobucket account will automatically downsize your pics for email friendly and bb friendly sizes. This method has worked very well for me for awhile now.
Free Image and Video Hosting - Photo Image Hosting Site : Photobucket.com
And people who are serious buyers will check out the pics on your account.

Just my O2's worth

I agree, photobucket is great. I have never messed with attaching a file on the board, just copy the HTML code from photobucket, and it's done. Put it in your "signature" for a sig pic too:D

I have to agree if you have pics you might as well post them or put a link to see them.

To the Picture Geeks

Some of us aren't very good at posting pictures. I'm among that group. Some of us aren't very good at working on cars. I'm not in that group.
I'm still learning the picture thing, sometimes I can put them in the post and sometimes I have to e-mail them. I now know that size DOES matter. I'm gonna try Photobucket, thanks for the tip.

If you need anything hosted, shoot it to me. I will always host them within a day. I figure it is easier for me to host, then you to email.

Jason

Some of us aren't very good at posting pictures. I'm among that group. Some of us aren't very good at working on cars. I'm not in that group.
I'm still learning the picture thing, sometimes I can put them in the post and sometimes I have to e-mail them. I now know that size DOES matter. I'm gonna try Photobucket, thanks for the tip.

ok, I am not a computer wizard by any means.

I do upload my pictures to photobucket, i always take pics, then upload there for a safe keeping... Plus i can view from a remote source and not just my home puter.

Well, ive found with the newest setup,.... Just click a picture from "my documents" and the board will AUTOMATICALLY RESIZE THE PICTURE!!!!

No need to resize pics, at least from what ive dealt with posting pics from the original photo taken.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 57
I always wondered why someone always wants a photo of something. can you tell from a photo if injectors are any good? can you tell from a photo that a throttle body is any good? I can understand photos of many items, but there are several that I think are just :rolleyes: .

I agree that you can not tell if a throttle body or Injectors are good. But with a photo you can tell quite a bit. For instance if the throttle body is clean or possibly damaged. If it is covered in oil and grime I would'nt want to take a chance on it. Not to sound to stupid, but a picture does say a 1000 words. LOL
Plus I feel that if people see a photo of an item it gives a sense of trust that that item exists and they are not getting scammed.

I am just glad that we can post photos on here.

Just my .02

Thanks