Just trying to help out!

twobryans

Just inchin along.
I have been on the hunt for some quality Limited Turbo T Buicks for my collection. It is my understanding from some post I read here that there are only 100 left;). Since I found a good portion(17%) of those are currently for sale, I thought I would post the links here for those others that are looking and can't seem to find them because there are so few left. While I realize that there were only 1035 of these built and while I do agree that they are rare and desirable from a collector standpoint, most buyers aren't interested in Grandma cars and that is what these do look like for the most part. Here's the list of what I have found and it is my understanding that they are all available as of today. These are in no particular order.

1)Race Ads | For Sale: 87 Buick Turbo T Limited 1000hp Strip/Street

2)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-T-TYPE-REGAL-LIMITED-TURBO-RARE-GRAND-NATIONAL_W0QQitemZ170337187510QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a8e336b6&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

3)Limited for sale - TurboBuicks.com

4)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170339258539&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

5)87 Buick Regal Turbo-T Limited Factory 2-Tone - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

6)Rosewood turbo Limited - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

7)87 Limited for sale, needs paint, minor work. - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

8)87 Buick Regal Limited, Lots of bolt-on's $6900 - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

9)87 buick limited - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

10)CarsOnline.com: Buick Regal For Sale

11)CarsOnline.com: Buick Regal For Sale

12)http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/245236-1987-buick-ttype-limited-t-top-leather-roller.html

13)Buick : Grand National:eBay Motors (item 170370963681 end time Aug-17-09 20:52:19 PDT)

14)http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/295414-1987-buick-regal-limited.html

15)1987 Buick Regal T-type Limited

16)87 buick regal limited grand national t-type

17)1987 buick regal limited turbo sale or trade for classic

I am sure there are some that I have missed. There were also plenty of others that were advertised as Limiteds, which were not. So, I did not want to waste your time by posting them here. I have screened through them for you as of today except for a select few that I am not posting for obvious reasons. If any of you run across something you feel may be interesting to me, please let me know. Hope this helps guys!.

As rare as these Turbo Limiteds are, I thought you guys would have been all over this!;)

I personally think a Turbo Limited is pretty cool! Maybe not everyone else does.:frown:

Maybe I need to rethink converting a portion of my collection to Turbo Limiteds. From the activity on this post, it looks like I may never be able to get rid of them when I got bored with them and want to move on to something else!:eek:

I would think they would be popular withing the Turbo-Buick community, but the majority still only knows the Grand National. Kinda the same way when I had a '74 SD455 Trans Am. Most people had know idea what it was and the prices stayed fairly low until just a few years ago, and they finally took off (of course, shortly after I sold mine)

I think mine's pretty cool, although deep down I want to rip all the chrome trim off it and paint it black sometimes :p

It's not for sale at this moment, but it inevitably will be. Just not sure what to ask for the thing, lol...

As rare as these Turbo Limiteds are, I thought you guys would have been all over this!;)

I personally think a Turbo Limited is pretty cool! Maybe not everyone else does.:frown:

Maybe I need to rethink converting a portion of my collection to Turbo Limiteds. From the activity on this post, it looks like I may never be able to get rid of them when I got bored with them and want to move on to something else!:eek:

Only 100 left is beyond rediculas.. Thats Mr. slowcar blowing his salesman pitch making himself look like a bigger ahole than he already has over the years on this board. I think everybody has figured him out and all but ignores him. The newbies will feed the animal because they havent been around.

From one collector to another I think its safe to say that converting some of your collection to Limiteds would be a smart move Bryan. Only 1035 being made. The clean, low mile examples are getting beyond impossible to find. These cars wernt bought up by collectors and stored like literally hundreds of GNs you can see on ebay in a years time. A clean low mile, rare colored example will fetch more than any GN will car for car but may only pop up once every couple years, if that. I think from what I have seen over the last 20 years is most TB guys think the Limiteds are very desirable and cool. I have owned 7 Limiteds and have been there and done that with these cars. I currently own 2 of the rarest colored ones on the planet but Im not about to scream from the rooftops to anyone with ears how great and rare my cars are how much money there worth, exc. I let the cars speak for themselves at the Nats, Norwalk, Autorama's, exc. Unlike some guy on this board:rolleyes:

I wish I had a dollar for every "would you be interested in selling this car" or "I am prepared to make you an offer you cant refuse" everytime I have one out at a show. I recieve prob 10 pm's a year with this also.

You should do a search for posts with guys stating "looking for a clean Limited" because the guys are out there. Good luck in your search!;) Let me know if I can help.

Brian

Very funny---

90% of those ads are old and the cars have been sold a long long time ago....look at the dates.......look at the cars....I have lost all faith in you TWOBRYANS.......you can't even start a thread with real logic or fact.....it is simply your "salesman" IQ...I suppose...being that your sell more cars on here then anybody.....lol....but I will say this...they are nice cars...and are worth the money.......

Limited87 Go **** yourself....nice spelling by the way "rediculas" ........... You are mocking your own car you ****ing idiot..... I am getting tired of TR people here continuing to call me a "salesman" .....I consider myself to be a diehard TR fan and have been for years....I also own a few AMG's....and many other cars.....it always seems to be a few people on this board that complain and act like bitches ....I dont see this bull**** anywhere else.....I am assuming a few TR owners were educated with the back of a cereal box...considering they like to humiliate other fans of the same cars....which we are a small small group....WE shouldn't be knocking these cars or the people who own them.....and the value for which they should have....pathetic morons....

Again... TwoBryans....you seem like a smart guy....try acting like it full time....the Limited "100" left is a reality...based on calculations and searches.....I really dont care how you or anybody thinks about it...my life doesnt revolve around this board....or a car.....if you dont like my opinion on these cars and the rarity...and this goes for all the dumbasses that have not a ****ing thing better to do ....well

Just dont read the posts......

say what you will about slowcar but I really do like his blue T even though his heavy sales pitch makes me wonder if his day job is hawking sham wows. I would have bought it by now but I do think it is over priced and I dont want to insult him with a rediculas (haha) offer.

Limited!!!

I agree 2bryans that the limiteds are cool. I have been looking for 6 months now for the right car. It is very difficult to find a 100% ORIGINAL paint car. Just be patient, you will find it!

everything on here is overpriced

It doesnt matter what is for sale on this board it is overpriced....these cars are worthless .....lol........gotta love the board...

$12,500 for an almost perfect Limited is too much OMG.....lol

IT IS TOO MUCH FOR THE PERSON WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY...

LOL .....everything is priced high unless it is the guy's car who is selling......

actually those LIMITED buyers are still looking for that all optioned car with great original paint and almost no wear and tear...last one I know of sold 2 years ago with leather and low miles for $20k.....A FEW HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR OVER 2 YEARS....lol.....and I bet they never find that car...most people that own these cars in that condition rarely sell them....it took me over a year of begging on this board to sell theirs a few years back just to get the 2 that I bought...and both of my cars came from outside the board.....the board did nothing for me.....

So are there enough around to choose from? Well ask the dozen or so people who are still looking....

When it takes months to years to find a nice original car ......what does this tell you? THERE ARENT ANY AROUND ........

I can find a GNX ...a GN...and a few T's IN A 10 MIN. SEARCH.......but a clean non-modded Limited....no way...been there done that...I checked daily for over a year just to luckily come across my cars.........GOOD LUCK .....

Makes me wonder why the most popular board related to these cars has members ranking on other members and beating up on their cars for sale...

Now a 50k mile GN the owner is asking $24k for is kinda high.....I recently saw that car for sale....The owner just doesn't know the selling price point......but on the other hand a well preserved Limited like mine for $12,500 is a joke ****ing price for a car that is a rarely seen car for sale...
:confused:

When it takes months to years to find a nice original car ......what does this tell you? THERE ARENT ANY AROUND ........

I can find a GNX ...a GN...and a few T's IN A 10 MIN. SEARCH.......but a clean non-modded Limited....no way...been there done that...I checked daily for over a year just to luckily come across my cars.........GOOD LUCK .....

I guess I can see where you're coming from a little bit. As far as the number of Limiteds out there, I'm sure there are still a ton, but unmodded and original, you're probably right. My personal car has been repainted at one point (I have no idea when, it was like that when I bought it and didn't care. I'm not even sure if it's an exact factory color. Not concerned with that, it's not a show car, I bought it to enjoy, not stare at) and I've modded it some, though nothing irreversible if someone had a stock turbo and stock MAF to put on it. Still have the original wheels, even if they're slightly rashed up. Here's a pic from Dec. '04, about 2 months after i bought it. Paid $7,000 for it back then.

1226043.jpg

As far as the value of mine, I don't think $8,500 would be unreasonable, considering I've sunk almost $3,000 into it between wheels and tires, a TA49, alky, Walbro pump, etc. etc... the car is certainly not perfect, but it's not too shabby either, lol...

As far as a clean, original one, who knows what it might be worth. I guess it's only worth what someone will pay for it, right? I could tell myself all day that my car's worth $15,000, but if nobody is offering that, is it really?

75k miles in 23 years...

more then the car can handle...ready for the junk yard.....

Nice grey Limited Welby....

Limited87 Go **** yourself....nice spelling by the way "rediculas" ........... You are mocking your own car you ****ing idiot..... I am getting tired of TR people here continuing to call me a "salesman" .....I consider myself to be a diehard TR fan and have been for years....I also own a few AMG's....and many other cars.....it always seems to be a few people on this board that complain and act like bitches ....I dont see this bull**** anywhere else.....I am assuming a few TR owners were educated with the back of a cereal box...considering they like to humiliate other fans of the same cars....which we are a small small group....WE shouldn't be knocking these cars or the people who own them.....and the value for which they should have....pathetic morons....

Mr. salesman/pitchman wants to talk about grammer.......:rolleyes: really??......... Who does 27 dots after every 4 words..............???? Who??.......................Mark the pitchman for Limiteds............... Who is this guy??......... Its the guy who has AMGs dont you know????...................Get this salesman a BoZo button please!!!..........or wait get him some dots...........he loves them!.........

He considers himself a fan? We consider him a nuisance. Im mocking you not the cars.:rolleyes: You think theres a reason why you cant sell a car for well over 2 years now??? See his posts below on the rarest, nicest, cleanest Limiteds known to man he couldnt give away because of his antics and this very same blue Limited from May of '07! Oh and his sales posts trying to inflate his own market.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/216632-2-very-rare-limiteds-sale.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/195689-1987-limited-29k-miles-leather.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/195803-why-these-cars-worth-paying.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/194411-looking-mint-unmolested-limiteds.html

Get a clue pitchman. You think you would just go away when you see your bs doesnt work here. These guys are way smarter than you give them credit for. Anyone want to see the "art of turning off potential buyers"? See all post by slowcar. Nice user name by the way for a BIG fan of TR's. LimitedNutHugger and PitchmanMark was taken I guess.:rolleyes:

Hi Bryan - I've always had a liking for the odd-balls and love the two-tone listed as #5.

Just curious why that one doesn't interest you ?

say what you will about slowcar but I really do like his blue T even though his heavy sales pitch makes me wonder if his day job is hawking sham wows. I would have bought it by now but I do think it is over priced and I dont want to insult him with a rediculas (haha) offer.

He is a pitchman for sham wow!!! Here he is now!!! Nice work Mark!!! I cant wait to see the infomercial for Limiteds!!!

YouTube - Shamwow Dub Parody - Scamnow

Hi Bryan - I've always had a liking for the odd-balls and love the two-tone listed as #5.

Just curious why that one doesn't interest you ?

I agree....that is one sharp Limited. And it's in Texas, too...where all the best Turbo Buicks are located.:biggrin:

Wow! I don't think I posted anything here to require such a harsh response.

I posted this simply to provide information to help others here with some of the information on ones that I had seen for sale recently and was not interested in pursuing personally.

I have verified (before posting) that virtually all of the ones listed were still available and had not sold even though some of the ads were not brand new ads posted this week.

It would probably be a better idea since this thread was started to help others on this site, to not bitch and whine about what you think:eek: , but rather if you know something listed is sold for sure, simply post it so others don't waste their time chasing something that is not available.

I personally like these cars and did not come here to ruffle any feathers, just to help others by posting some information about some cars for sale that some on this site might benefit from.

I have no idea how many are left and frankly don't care. Reality is that I hope only 5 are left and I own all 5!:biggrin: However, be confident that that will not happen in my lifetime.

Reality is that regardless of how many are left, I can tell you this factually.

Since there were 1035 Turbo Limiteds built, lets just assume that they are all still out there for a moment. That would mean that with the 17 that I posted (and surely I didn't post all that are currently available), that would mean that as of this thread being posted that there are currently over 1.6% of all Turbo Limiteds available to be purchased.

Now, let's assume for a moment that this fictitious(NOT PROVEN AND ONLY HYPOTHESIZED ABOUT) number of only 100 left that keeps being thrown around was correct. That would mean that there are currently 17% of all that are left are currently available. An awful large number if you ask me!

Now, lets think for a moment about all the WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) out there and I will even give you the benefit of not only counting the 1987 Cars, but will even add in the 1986 cars too. Now that is a total of 25,705 WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) and does not take into consideration any other Turbo Regals.

Using the same train of thought, that would be like stating that there are only 2483.53 WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) left out there at this time and if the same percentage of those out there were for sale at the time of this post, that would mean that there should be 422.20 WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) for sale.

While there are a reasonable amount of WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) for sale, I certainly don't believe there are that many by any means.

Furthermore, I would have to say that the Turbo Limiteds would tend to be a higher ratio that would be left as compared to WE2 optioned cars(Cold Air Grand Nationals only) because many more people have cut up, wrecked up and just plain beat the snot out of them than they have the Turbo Limiteds which on the whole have been more preserved than trashed from my experience and in my opinion. PERIOD!;)

Not to hijack.... But, I'm looking for a "roller" that is a T or TTYPE or LIMITED. I saw the roller who's add you posted and contacted him but I can't get but 3pics. I'd love to find a limited in an oddball color with column shift and landau top (going for sleeper look).

If you guys know of any other rollers out there (not black, and no red interiors) please let me know.

Now, back to the thread...:cool:

ok, I,m new here but wanted to throw this out there. I guess about 10 years ago, there was an article in Hot Rod, Car craft, cant remember for sure. in it there was an article about remaining muscle cars, GTO, Super Sports, R/T, etc. from like 66-72. they came up with the figure 35% might still be out there. think turbo buicks are about the same?