JUST the FACTS Here

Have not got off my A$$ yet to tear her apart to see what went wrong.....will get it done one day and post pics etc...

Actually I may me interested in selling this GN, my old engine (with the GN1's and Roller Cam etc) along with this blown engine, and the few extra parts that I have as well. I've owned GN's since 1993.....just getting too beat up to work on her.......had a total knee replacement gone bad and am going to have it completely replaced (once again) this September. I will not be able to work on nothing for months afterwards. Then, VA wants to get my left knee done as well, so I am screwed as far as being able to work on anything for probably a couple of years after all is said and done. No mechanics that I would trust in my area (besides myself) that I would trust working on her. If anyone is interested then PM me and I'll send details about the GN, pics and whatever other info you would need. She has been well taken care of and always garaged. 78,000 on the odometer. A trade for another vehicle will be concidered. It just hurts me to see my GN in the garage collecting dust while me being too broke dick to work on her. I have not posted anything in the For Sale section yet.............(843) 408-1376..............Audie.......10k is the minimum I would let it all go for.

Just some pics of the engine that I am putting together. It will have a 66mm BB Turbo, 60 #'s, ATR Roller Cam and Headers/3" ATR exhaust, Cotton FMIC, and the rest of the parts from my mortally wounded old engine. etc, etc....the bottom pic is the engine with the thrown rod (200 miles on it!!!) that is being replaced....More pics to follow. I will be posting pics of the damaged engine within a couple of weeks or so to figure out why it threw a rod at 14 #'s of Boost with 200 miles on it.............that was a waste of almost 2K. :) :usa:

100_1275.jpg

100_1277.jpg

TimingChain.jpg

Rockers.jpg

GN1Heads.jpg

ValveCovers-1.jpg

100_1288.jpg

Looks pretty except for the hole in the block!

e.jpg

This1HE1.jpg

The valve covers you speak of are BGCs. So you can run 1.55s without a valve cover spacer?

I have the pics of the "Rodded Engine", just have to download them. A rod broke on the # 3 Cylinder, it almost looks like it had an old crack in it. I'll load the pics of the teardown of that engine within the next couple of days. Below are some pics of the new engine I just put together and installed. She is running great! :D

100_1275.jpg

100_1288.jpg

GN1Heads.jpg

Rockers.jpg

100_1313.jpg

100_1314.jpg

NewEngineonStand.jpg

Enginegoingin.jpg

55.jpg

Good Lord bro I feel horrible for you. I know exactly how you feel with surgeries and the car causing stress. I just had two neck surgeries and two surgeries to my left arm ulner nerve. Sucks to be down and in pain and have a car go south too.

Rodded Engine Pics

Long time in getting these pics. But I had a lot on my plate for awhile there. It almost looks as if the rod that went south had a pre existing crack??? Let me know what you all think. BTW....New and improved engine is in......that's the good thing.

100_1401.jpg

100_1415.jpg

100_1420.jpg

I thought that the Flex plate was supposed to be neutral balanced?
100_1403.jpg

100_1409.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1424.jpg

100_1426.jpg

100_1429.jpg

I agree with the crack idea Audie! That is horrible. I had to get a flexplate from Lee Thompson awhile back, that's what he told me at the time as well. It was nice talking to you the other day bud. I just figured I would let you know we are sending the motor to TA Performance and getting it built. I told him if it was gonna be mine I wanted to make sure it was done very well. We are most likely going to sending the Transmission to Lee Thompson if he has some time as well. I am sorry to see the troubles you have had but at least it's on the road my friend! :):)