JUST the FACTS Here

I will start tearing it apart on monday, i assume you will need to rods too.
:)
Currently its a complete NA v6 engine i yanked out of a donor car, let me know what all you need off it.
Did the heads survive?

BW

I feel your pain.......I had one go south with less than 700 miles. I had $6500 in it.:( Cost me another grand to repair plus the work of pulling & reinstalling. One thing is forsure.....It's worth it when they are right. Don't throw in the towel get busy and fix it.

I will start tearing it apart on monday, i assume you will need to rods too.
:)
Currently its a complete NA v6 engine i yanked out of a donor car, let me know what all you need off it.
Did the heads survive?

BW

Hey Bryan,
That's awesome what you are willing to do.....really. You are obviously a good guy and man of character! :smile: I have company until next Mondayish....and will start tearing her down probably on Tuesday. Before you invest any time into anything (unless you are bored :smile: ) let me figure out what all is trashed on this engine, other than the obvious. I do have my old engine (that I need to tear apart as well, to see what is wrong with it), so I should have a block to use, as it was still running (not good though) when I pulled it. What I don't have around here is a builder/machine shop that is familiar with TR's...........I hope the heads are good, I do have a set of GN1's with only 4k on them that I could use if needed. I will post up pics as well......I will let you know if I need anything (besides advice)...................Thanks again.............Audie

I am never bored, 7 turbo buicks tend to keep me busy!

Building 2 right now, so i used to keep off the net, but im having a 4 day vacation:) and having some fun.

Just let me know man. Ive got pallets and can ship via truckline with a discount.

Let us know what you find
BW

I feel your pain.......I had one go south with less than 700 miles. I had $6500 in it.:( Cost me another grand to repair plus the work of pulling & reinstalling. One thing is forsure.....It's worth it when they are right. Don't throw in the towel get busy and fix it.

Wow.........that was really messed up! What happened to your engine? VA is not going to redo my TKR until 29 Sept., so I have some time to work on and hopefully get it right, as long as I don't have to spend too much $$$. $1,800.00 is what I wasted on this engine...........glad my wife has some patience and appears to still like the GN............I'd hate to see her go! :eek:......my wife that is............Really though......this whole engine breaking ordeal really knocks the wind out of one's sails. I know its happened to more folks than me. Still sucks though. :frown:

I am never bored, 7 turbo buicks tend to keep me busy!

Building 2 right now, so i used to keep off the net, but im having a 4 day vacation:) and having some fun.

Just let me know man. Ive got pallets and can ship via truckline with a discount.

Let us know what you find
BW

7 (seven)....................wow.............You are the Man! ...........I will let you know, and thanks again.....................Audie

Where is my free engine block Bryan? You never offered one to me before! :eek: And what the heck are you doing on your computer again...............

Audie1, you definately have a new window in that block:confused:

Haste

When I first posted about my engine throwing a rod, I guess I could have done so without mentioning any names. I say this because all the mentioned parties have contacted me and offered to help in some form or fashion and were sympathetic, which in turn made me feel as though I acted hastily in mentioning their names. $hit happens sometimes and I was pissed (to say the least) at the time of sending out that post. So for that I am sorry.......(since no one was intentionally trying to screw anyone)..........even though I did not actually accuse anyone of anything. I will still post pics of the destruction :frown: once I pull and tear the engine apart. I also will welcome opinions on what other Member's think may have been the cause of its demise...........thanks...................Audie

Where is my free engine block Bryan? You never offered one to me before! :eek: And what the heck are you doing on your computer again...............

Audie1, you definately have a new window in that block:confused:

If you start making enough power to window a block, i will give you some jb weld to hold it back together:biggrin:
BW

I have to admit..

you have will power.
I don't know of ANYONE that would drive a Turbo buick for 100-200 miles with out getting in to it!.
you sure your boost gauge is correct?
never ever seen a 109 block let go at 14lbs! ( like that)

I'm sure others and myself, would like more pics of the rod/crank/ block damage.
good luck

motor

I had the samething happen- the motor man put rod bolt that had a short shoulder in my motor- I took the rods back and he look and told me he never knew the rod bolt were like that - did not fix motor just took my money-blaine motor supply in dallas- texas and the rod bolt were stock they supply the short block-now I all way put new rod bolt now

I had the samething happen- the motor man put rod bolt that had a short shoulder in my motor- I took the rods back and he look and told me he never knew the rod bolt were like that - did not fix motor just took my money-blaine motor supply in dallas- texas and the rod bolt were stock they supply the short block-now I all way put new rod bolt now

I have a oldtimer in town who builds motors, has his own shop./

I just dont like the guy cause when i was in his shop, every customer who stopped by to check things out, he was telling them the most rediculous comments as what was wrong with their cars. I got full of his crap 3 times i stopped by and couldnt believe he was a business man.

He always said that the buick rod bolts were the strongest, he has a few stage 1 and stage 2 motors that he had raced N/A back in the day, maybe there was some vedality to his comment.

He actually does know alot, but naturally he just acted arrogant.

Guy also told me that the stage heads wont bolt to the stock block, we went round and round about it, and i just gave up. Then he whips out a stage head gasket from his shelf and told me it wouldnt fit.

It did fit, but he didnt understand why you would only use 8 and not 14.

He did the machine work for 8uwith6 's dads motor, seems to be doing well so far.

BW

Audie1, It sucks for sure and I understand why you're mad. We as a group stick together to help each other in times of need and this thread shows it. On a side note, where did you get the blue valve covers? They look just tall enough to clear my rollers and almost look stock.

Audie1, It sucks for sure and I understand why you're mad. We as a group stick together to help each other in times of need and this thread shows it. On a side note, where did you get the blue valve covers? They look just tall enough to clear my rollers and almost look stock.

Yep,
There are some good folks here on this board.......I painted the valve covers a while back. They are old, also cracking at the bolt hole areas. Below is a different shot of them. I don't know who made or sells this kind of valve covers, or if they are even available anymore....................Audie :smile:

ValveCovers.jpg

What's the name cast on the top? If you're using stock rockers I'd be glad to test them for you with the rollers I've got.