just put my engine back in.

1BadassGN

hey guys i just put my engine back in i had popped a headgasket on the passanger side. i removed the heads and i found one ported and polished head and one bone stock head. hmmm stupid. well i replaced with new heads stock 8445 heads and i reinstalled the motor now im getting crazy knock retard like its pretty random sometimes it will be after 1st gear after the shift itll do like .7 or sometimes it will be 4.6 or 7.0 then go away and if i go past 1/2 throttle it completly goes nuts like 5 or sometimes .6 or today it went to 19.0 and i let off and i havnt even laid into it at all yet. kinda pissing me off. i noticed a few of my lifters are noisey could that cause the knock retard ive double checked all the mounting bolts and stuff

How's the fuel system? Going through the same thing with a friends car. I'm narrowing it down slowly and it's looking like fuel problem. The whole fuel system is new. I just replaced EVERYTHING!

hey guys i just put my engine back in i had popped a headgasket on the passanger side. i removed the heads and i found one ported and polished head and one bone stock head. hmmm stupid. well i replaced with new heads stock 8445 heads and i reinstalled the motor now im getting crazy knock retard like its pretty random sometimes it will be after 1st gear after the shift itll do like .7 or sometimes it will be 4.6 or 7.0 then go away and if i go past 1/2 throttle it completly goes nuts like 5 or sometimes .6 or today it went to 19.0 and i let off and i havnt even laid into it at all yet. kinda pissing me off. i noticed a few of my lifters are noisey could that cause the knock retard ive double checked all the mounting bolts and stuff
Do you know if those stock heads have been surfaced before? that changes the Comp- ratio... What gaskets did you use back?

I think the knock is related to the heads you just put on and could also be the state of the tune from the Old Ported heads back to the Stock ones... Different A/F ratio's.

Let us know what you find...

just thinking...

well theyve been cleaned new valves and seals and guides etc etc im pretty sure they havnt been shaved majorly if ANY.

uhm im going to pick up a new fuel pressure gauge now mines busted.