JUST PICKED UP A WE4 78K ALL ORIGINAL

Nice one. Get a scanmaster and some gauges (boost/vacuum, oil pres and temp). Any history on the car? mods?

the car is fully stock except .fuel pressure regulator,42lbs injectors with turbo tweak 91 pump gas chip. Hot wire kit wheels are 17x10 n 17x9 ..GTA style other than that its stock it's a two owner car second owner had it for about 20 years and it also has only had one repaint about a year ago

If you're new to turbo Buicks, I'll make a humble suggestion. Make the car safe and reliable, before you make it fast:

better fuel pump
CompCams 980 valve springs
ScanMaster
Gauges (you NEED to know what's going on)
Radiator, if it is still stock. You have few options, I had my stock one re-cored
New O2 sensor
Check rear main seal
New plugs, wires, fuel filter (mine was original, car had 52k miles)
160* T-stat

next step:

Terry Houston type down pipe, eliminate cat (if you can)

thank you for the input and yes I've had five or six TR I plan on keeping this one as stock as possible

If you're new to turbo Buicks, I'll make a humble suggestion. Make the car safe and reliable, before you make it fast:

better fuel pump
CompCams 980 valve springs
ScanMaster
Gauges (you NEED to know what's going on)
Radiator, if it is still stock. You have few options, I had my stock one re-cored
New O2 sensor
Check rear main seal
New plugs, wires, fuel filter (mine was original, car had 52k miles)
160* T-stat

next step:

Terry Houston type down pipe, eliminate cat (if you can)
couldn't of said it better!

Very Nice! Got any close ups of the wheels and size? They look like old school Epsilon or Weds which are out of production and gone.

17x9 front and 17x10 rear I believe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
Only the ones without posi, weird right?

I was always under the impression the we4 got aluminum drums but it I was wrong. There was an option code for aluminum drums though, as well as the leather wrapped steering wheel and non leather wrapped. Two things I've been trying to find over the years, we4 with rpo for aluminum drums, and the other big one is power seat. I swore I saw one with power seat on ebay a few years back. Real low mile car.

OP, welcome to the club of the elite 1547. I am one of the wacko owners that thinks these cars will be one of the more valuable TR's in later years. Ever notice, 1547 we4s, 547 gnxs? Coincidence? I think not:pompous:. In all seriousness I don't see these cars reaching COPO camaro status, but I do see these being more desirable later, such as the camaro 1Le, formula, pontiac super duty, and other factory lightweight muscle.

I have the same wheels on my ride...I get lots of complements. Good luck, she looks great!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1420252645288.jpg
    1420252645288.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 126
Absolutely love the car, hate the wheels.

I'm in the minority here , but I hate the wheels. Gotdamn, those things are fugly.

It's only my opinion, and many will disagree, but it is what it is.

Since 1975, GM has been famous for building a really cool car and then ALWAYS putting the UGLIEST wheels on the planet available at the time on those cool cars . If they can't buy something hideous, they produce their own version of a complete turd.

The "GNX/GTA" wheels looked like crap on the GNX's and they look like crap on all the clones and GN's they are currently on now.

I just don't like them, I never did. I'm entitled to an opinion and that is what I think.

Sorry GTA wheel lover guys..........

Flame suit on.......... :droid:

Last edited:
For a budget beater I think they're great but people think they're worth their weight in gold. I like the expanded metal look, but not the same wheel on every black car. If they're on a car that isn't black I think they look ok because there's some contrast to break up all the black. I had a chance to get a set of some aftermarket 16's off a camaro for 200 with tires. I passed on them. Should have bought them and resold them lol! I ended up getting a set of 17 inch centerlines for 600 with tires that are in great shape. I don't think they'll stay on the car forever though. I want to get something lighter in an 18 inch.

I agree everybody is entitled to their opinion of their own taste some people like to leave stock some people like to mod some people like big wheel some people like stock it's all them just what you prefer out here on the West Coast we like t-top cars. I noticed they're not as big or liked on the east mainly for rust Issues out here in Los Angeles you don't have to worry about Rust or snow issues I really enjoy being part of the turbo community regardless of taste or personal preference everyone's pretty chill and helpful on this site and I think you all for The wonderful comments opinions happy new year to all the Buick owners on here