just installed new Energy bushings and car sits higher on the frame?

Did you tighten everything up before you had the suspension loaded? If not then loosen up everything while it's sitting on the ground and loosen and re-tighten everything. The bushings are loaded and will tear if you didn't do it right.

are we talking about body bushings here?
if so, the body will sit higher because you just replaced 25 year old cushy rubber bushings with brand new poly bushings that were made to the same specs as the originals when they were new.

I have them installed on a 86 Ttype and a WE4. Yes both cars sit much higher than stock. They have been on the 86 for some years now and it is still high so I dont think they will settle. They are to hard, they dont compress much like the stock ones.

Do you think that this is the same height as when the car was new?

Do you pics to compare with mine. thanks for all the comments.

With the energy suspension body mount kit the car will sit higher than when new with the original rubber mounts. Poly mounts are a little taller than stock. They dont really collapse when you tighten the body bolts.

I put on the Energy bushings about 4 years ago and yes, they definitely sit higher. Here are a couple pics

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 231
have to hijack for a sec but ....Hows the Drive with the new bushings? I'm thinking of doing this or should I get Polys,Prothane or just rubber?

If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely go with the stock rubber. It rides nice and firm (especially with Bilsteins) but I prefer a softer, more cushioned ride. Definitely made a world of difference over the 20+ year old stock bushings, would take the Poly's over them anyday:D

They raised my body nearly an inch I think. Now I can see all the primer on the frame under the rocker panels from when I painted the car. :rolleyes:

I got an extra inch also!;)

I like how mine rides - huge difference from stock (my car was missing a few originals!) Really seemed to help with the little rattles and squeaks that you find yourself getting used to.

I can say that it rides firmer - I guess it depends on your preference. I have HnR Trans and engine mounts, and I "feel" a lot more being transmitted through the body now, but I dig it. It feels a lot more solid.

SO it's safe to say,

New stock rubber, least firm, soft "New from factory feel"

Prothane, med firmness, " Stronger,then Factory, smooth but not harsh"

Poly, firmest " This is my buick on train rails"

something like that?

SO it's safe to say,

New stock rubber, least firm, soft "New from factory feel"

Prothane, med firmness, " Stronger,then Factory, smooth but not harsh"

Poly, firmest " This is my buick on train rails"

something like that?

If Im not mistaken Prothane is the exact same stuff as Energy's Poly, correct? I doubt there would be much of a difference.

As I said before, I would go with rubber body mounts, then firm up the suspension in other ways.