Just gotta talk about how much fun I am having with the GN

I've had issues getting on the site so thanks for all the suggestions and stuff. I wish I understood what people mean when they say you have more tuning to do. What are the levers I need to be aware of other than fuel, boost, spark timing. The chip was burned for this combo at 23-24 psi and I am running like that. I think timing is 21-23 fwiw.
I hope get it and play some this evening.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What the chip is burned for as far as boost is a best guess as to the fuel requirements. Regardless of where your boost is set at vs what the chip is burned for, fueling adjustments make BIG differences in these cars. Now you may be right on. What are your O2's at WOT? At the top of third if narrowband and anytime if using wideband? Also, have you verified that your timing is accurate? Otherwise adding or taking away timing in the chip is less useful if you don't know where your car is starting from now.

I've not ran it out to see what the o2 is really.
The scanmaster locks in low numbers on my short punch for 2-5 seconds like when I passed a truck going 35 this evening. My 17 yo son was riding with my it squatted an went no wheel spin didn't feel that powerful my son said felt a little quicker than his brothers 12 mustang v6....it felt much faster last time when I was solo. Sm said 695 o2 and zero retard fwiw. I increased the ally to 5 before driving today from the suggestions here.

I've not ran it out to see what the o2 is really.
The scanmaster locks in low numbers on my short punch for 2-5 seconds like when I passed a truck going 35 this evening. My 17 yo son was riding with my it squatted an went no wheel spin didn't feel that powerful my son said felt a little quicker than his brothers 12 mustang v6....it felt much faster last time when I was solo. Sm said 695 o2 and zero retard fwiw. I increased the ally to 5 before driving today from the suggestions here.

That's a really low O2. What mph did that O2 occur at? The SM tells you that by pressing the other button after hitting the recall button. If that's a real reading though, you have a fuel issue. 730-750 is the lowest I've ever seen my car at an actual 10.8 AFR. And it's been as high as 830 at the same AFR. Tuning with the narrowband leaves a little to be desired. Have you checked you WOT fuel pressure yet? If that is good, then try adding some fuel in the chip.

It has always has low o2 I get it to about 760 and that's about it with plus 10% fuel.
Speed was 58 mph for the o2 reading I started at about 40 mph lifted at about 80.
I bump the timing back to plus 10 and see what the o2 does. I have check fuel pressure before and it's rising with boost fine 1for1.
I've tried different o2 sensors way back I put a bosh in it read thy we're crap so I put a delco back in it has ways ran lower o2 Han most post... I normally do my testing from a roll and make sort runs .. I need to get my turbo link system back in the car to tune with.
I kind of think its dipping low but recovering .

It has always has low o2 I get it to about 760 and that's about it with plus 10% fuel.
Speed was 58 mph for the o2 reading I started at about 40 mph lifted at about 80.
I bump the timing back to plus 10 and see what the o2 does. I have check fuel pressure before and it's rising with boost fine 1for1.
I've tried different o2 sensors way back I put a bosh in it read thy we're crap so I put a delco back in it has ways ran lower o2 Han most post... I normally do my testing from a roll and make sort runs .. I need to get my turbo link system back in the car to tune with.
I kind of think its dipping low but recovering .

You need to check your O2's at the top of third after a hard pull through all the gears to get an accurate reading. That is low. Did you have problems with the Bosch sensor or just take it out b/c others had problems?

No problem just the o2 seemed low and most everyone here was saying bosh was junk and delco or Denso was the one to use. I didn't see any change though. I meant 10% fuel not timing earlier btw .

Does it feel like it slows down when you add the 10% fuel? If not, add another 5%. If it isn't slowing down, you haven't started getting it too rich yet. The alky is probably keeping the KR away, but you may still need more wot fuel.

Is there an easy way to test the knock sensor? Just to b sure it is working .
I have the caspers knock alarm horn as well and hear it every once in a while when I crank the car.
Merry Christmas to all my Buick buddies!

If you wire the audible knock sensor to a constant 12v source it should no longer beep on start up. For some its reassuring to hear it on startup to confirm its working...All depends on what your preference is.

As far as testing, on a warm running engine increase the RPM's just a tad then rap on the block somewhere near the knock sensor with an extension. That should produce a reading on the SM.

It truely is a love hate things with these cars... no in between.
I got the TE44 back on running 22-24 PSI zero Knock alky at 4.
Cool abotu 50 degrees and it is a absolute beast it is faster today at 12 psi than it was at 23 in the summer...
Dang I wish it wasn't so temperature sensitive !
Drove it to work this morning for the first time in a bout 3 months... oh what fun it was !
At least you have cool weather. 50 degree weather is foreign to us guys near the equator :D

The turbocharged Buick V-6 is a fuckin' beast, especially in cooler weather. Traction control? That's for pussys, Stability Control, that's for pussys too.