Just got my new fan from Ramcharger

BULL $HIT, THE REAL DEAL

1) flip the fan over so the wiring is along the bottom, looks cleaner
2) trim the tabs flush and trim lower driverside fan motor brace on an angle to clear steering box. May need to trail fit a few times. I cut that small metal ear off on the steering box to make fitting and triming of fan less.
3) fan will now slide all the way down and be locked in by the core support ( bottom of fan can't move).
4) now use that flat piece of metal bracket that was bolted to the stock fan at the bottom and bolt that bracket to the two bolts at the top that hold the AC lines and that bracket will place pressure on and hold the new fans in on top.
5) "SWEET" you can now play General Lee if you want to and now the install look's better than factory with no wiring running along the top of the fan where you can see it. PS: I would give that bottom bracket a shot of paint to make it look new before you put it on top. This is the real deal, Holiday Express Inn special.:eek: :) :D OH, If I still remenber right, you will now have to run the wiring/plug the other way on the bottom so it's location is by the steering box, just plug the little holes left if you want to with plugs like I did.:D

Sweet... I'll have to try that. I really want to get rid of my less-than-professional-looking wood block I stuck in the bottom! :cool:

Originally posted by Warp Six
Sweet... I'll have to try that. I really want to get rid of my less-than-professional-looking wood block I stuck in the bottom! :cool:
You can always give the wood a few coats of black and most people won't even notice it.

I have seen alot of people that are having trouble with overheating of the plug causing them to melt. What I did with mine was off the factory buick fan harness there are 3 wires. The Ramchargers adapter leaves the center one out that goes to one of the 2 relays. I simply ran some 12 gauge wire from the center of the factory harness and tied that wire into 1 of the 2 red wires that leads to the fan. Then where the relays are I ran a jumper wire across 1 relay from the green/yellow ground trigger to the green ground trigger to the other relay. When the fans turn on it causes both relays to engage at the same time therfore splitting the load on the relays and the wiring harness to 50% on each relay. I actually have 3 fans on the car, Ramchargers fans (2) and a 10" electric fan pulling on the trans cooler and I have had zero problems with relays or wiring. I didn't see the need to use the Racetronix relay kit when a couple of jumper wires did the trick.

RIGHT-ON

Originally posted by sydwyndr
I have seen alot of people that are having trouble with overheating of the plug causing them to melt. What I did with mine was off the factory buick fan harness there are 3 wires. The Ramchargers adapter leaves the center one out that goes to one of the 2 relays. I simply ran some 12 gauge wire from the center of the factory harness and tied that wire into 1 of the 2 red wires that leads to the fan. Then where the relays are I ran a jumper wire across 1 relay from the green/yellow ground trigger to the green ground trigger to the other relay. When the fans turn on it causes both relays to engage at the same time therfore splitting the load on the relays and the wiring harness to 50% on each relay. I actually have 3 fans on the car, Ramchargers fans (2) and a 10" electric fan pulling on the trans cooler and I have had zero problems with relays or wiring. I didn't see the need to use the Racetronix relay kit when a couple of jumper wires did the trick.
DITTO..........................................:cool:

Originally posted by sydwyndr
I simply ran some 12 gauge wire from the center of the factory harness and tied that wire into 1 of the 2 red wires that leads to the fan. Then where the relays are I ran a jumper wire across 1 relay from the green/yellow ground trigger to the green ground trigger to the other relay. When the fans turn on it causes both relays to engage at the same time therfore splitting the load on the relays and the wiring harness to 50% on each relay.
That is an excellent idea. Thanks!

- -Matt

Re: BULL $HIT, THE REAL DEAL

Originally posted by wbrophy
1) flip the fan over so the wiring is along the bottom, looks cleaner
2) trim the tabs flush and trim lower driverside fan motor brace on an angle to clear steering box. May need to trail fit a few times. I cut that small metal ear off on the steering box to make fitting and triming of fan less.
3) fan will now slide all the way down and be locked in by the core support ( bottom of fan can't move).
4) now use that flat piece of metal bracket that was bolted to the stock fan at the bottom and bolt that bracket to the two bolts at the top that hold the AC lines and that bracket will place pressure on and hold the new fans in on top.
5) "SWEET" you can now play General Lee if you want to and now the install look's better than factory with no wiring running along the top of the fan where you can see it. PS: I would give that bottom bracket a shot of paint to make it look new before you put it on top. This is the real deal, Holiday Express Inn special.:eek: :) :D OH, If I still remenber right, you will now have to run the wiring/plug the other way on the bottom so it's location is by the steering box, just plug the little holes left if you want to with plugs like I did.:D
Pics?????

Anybody do one with a Napa Radiator? (Modine). I just got mine today, cut off the tabs, havent got any farther.......too tired :) Thanks