Just got my new 6765bb turbo!

mikeandjen

Hey all,

Just recieved my 6765dbb turbo a week ago and just had the actuator hole milled out to 1 1/8" to help with boost creep as many have been running into issues. I chose to have my local machine shop put it on a lathe and do it rather than carbide bit method, a little cleaner and only costed $40.00! I will let you all know how it turns out as I am just about finished with the motor swap and am going to put the turbo on tomorrow....

Thanks to Mike at Full Throttle for all his help and patience with questions........:biggrin:

Heres some pics of the turbo.....check out the milled actuator hole! I can only imagine what it would have looked like if I would have done it with a carbide bit

DSC00144.JPG

4" inlet

DSC00145.JPG

3" outlet

DSC00146.JPG

and now correct actuator hole size...1 1/8th which is just about an 1/8" under the THDP 1.375" puck.

This is supposedly the new boosted turbo......I know, I know....Im trying to get it on as quickly as possible to have some results!:wink:

Damn that looks nice...
Maybe my son does not have to got to school!:eek:

did you have to dissasemble the turbo and send out the exhuast side to have wastegate hole ported??

just curious if u take the turbo apart, what r the torque specs when your tighten up the bolts again?

YOU STOLE MY TURBO!!

lol nice, I wanna know how this performs asap. I'm still waiting to put mine on and go tot eh track, hopefully after may 2nd I will have some times.

I bought one from Mike, too :biggrin: Its at the machine shop getting matched up to my ATR Header port, then off to get ceramic coated. I'll post up pics in a couple weeks when I have it back.

No, didn't dissassemble turbo, the machine shop put a piece of expandable foam in the exhaust housing to ensure no shavings got into the compressor wheel.......