Just got my Bumpers Smoothed!

Wow, that's spendy but they did a good job.

Posted On my phone while my wife stares at me.

Your car looked great at Carlisle on Saturday! What do you use on your paint?

First off thanks for the compliment. I wasn't too happy when I hit some rain on the way but was able to get it cleaned up pretty quickly with just some detail spray.

Basically I use the following Adam's products with a Porter Cable polisher. I did the full machine polishing last summer and have only washed the car and detail sprayed it so far this season. The sealant is really fantastic stuff but it's so slick it kinda makes washing the car difficult cause the water just sheets right off. I also only use Zymol car soap, i find its the best for preventing water spots even when washing in some moderate sunlight.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-734-adams-complete-7-machine-polisher-kit.aspx

I also keep the car covered in the garage with a Cover King Satin-Stretch cover. Its very soft so it doesn't scratch and also doesn't let any dust through like some cheaper covers.

Thanks for the info. I'm also a big fan of some of the Adams products but I've never used the machine sealant. Sorry I never got a chance to speak with you at the show. I have the 87 with the torque thrust wheels that was parked behind you. Seems like the day flew by between keeping the car dry and clean and looking around at all the other cars.

Way more than I expected....they said they spent about 8 hours of welding/fill/prep time on each bumper. All in it was right around $1,100. At the end of the day they did a fantastic job so I'm happy.
They just sprayed them, right? No powdercoating. ?

Do you know if they welded studs on the bumper to bolt to the bumper bracket? I guess on a GN they could just weld the bumper to the bracket if thy wanted.

Do you know if they welded studs on the bumper to bolt to the bumper bracket? I guess on a GN they could just weld the bumper to the bracket if thy wanted.

Just painted not powder coat cause they has to use filler to her then perfectly smooth.

They did weld studs to the outer bumper then bolted the support up.

Drove 300 miles to and from Carlisle yesterday and no chips so far lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I'm also a big fan of some of the Adams products but I've never used the machine sealant. Sorry I never got a chance to speak with you at the show. I have the 87 with the torque thrust wheels that was parked behind you. Seems like the day flew by between keeping the car dry and clean and looking around at all the other cars.

Loved the wheels on your car. Hopefully next show I'll have more time to get to know some of the Magna guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear bumper is exactly what I am wanting. Im going a little further with the front due to some of the engineering I am doing. I just made the rear pic you posted my new computer background.

I am definitely going to do that to mine now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The rear bumper is exactly what I am wanting. Im going a little further with the front due to some of the engineering I am doing. I just made the rear pic you posted my new computer background.
Fill us in, what are you doing to the front bumper.

Fill us in, what are you doing to the front bumper.
Ancient Chinese Secret...Hahahahahaha
It's hard to explain...ram air, grill vents, custom parking lights, custom mounts for air dam...
There wont be any pics for a long time...

Ancient Chinese Secret...Hahahahahaha
It's hard to explain...ram air, grill vents, custom parking lights, custom mounts for air dam...
There wont be any pics for a long time...
Interesting! Ram air on a turbo car!!! Can't wait to see it !!!