Just got called out by a 10.9? Camaro

87_we4

turbo tom
My buddy has a 2000 ss camaro that runs 10.9?s at the track. He called me out for a street race for fastest street car in town. He has over 6k in suspension and dead hooks on the street. While my car has traction problems on the street. Guess I'm just gonna have to give her a try .I'll report back

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Take the tires down to 20 psi and see how they work on the street, adjust from there.
You are correct...you have to give it a try !!! Good luck

Bryan

Im on stock rims...mine hook awesome at 21 psi at the track. Try different pressures to gain an advantage. Good luck man

Bryan

Well made it back safe. First time I've raced it four years. Raced a 86 iroc with a 383 that runs 12's with out spray. He was sprayn 150 shot tonight. I spun till third then got him by three cars. Then raced the ss we were about 60' out and I put the tires up in smoke so I aborted the run. I left on two pounds of boost that race with pimp juice on the tires and we were side by side when I started spinning.

The good news is that I had zero knock, afr was 10.6 wot in third.

I didn't race the willys jeep. The thing is insane. 1800lb with driver with a lsx with lots of nitrous. Thing is a monster pulls the wheels off the ground for 60'

Attachments

• 1375936084673.jpg
    1375936084673.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 319
I didn't race the willys jeep. The thing is insane. 1800lb with driver with a lsx with lots of nitrous. Thing is a monster pulls the wheels off the ground for 60'

NICE cage !!!! I'd like to see it at the end of the 1/4 mile :D

Honestly there was no way I'd line up next to him. If he had a full cage and seat belts I'd feel a little safer. That thing is a death trap

That video was taken before the nitrous and drag radials were put on it. There should be a new video up soon