Just got back into the gym..

Dreamn4GN

Its been about 3 yrs maybe less since I been in the gym. With nursing school and all that goes with it, Just finally getting to going back. And damn do I miss the eye candy in there woo:p. I love spandex!!!!!. But yeah Im outta shape only lasted 45 mins of cardio. But today was the hardest day. The first initial day is always the hardest day to go back.. Anyone else just start going back to the gym or debaiting??

Just started in the garage again. Have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old that occupy ALL of my time, so I haven't done chit for a couple years now. Started out just going out there 15 min a night after dishes and baby bottles are washed, but am up to 45 min now. Forgot how "good" it feels to be that soar constantly.

Eff that! Working out & excercise are highly over rated.

~JM~
Yeah well just eating right has proved not to be enough to prevent heart attacks and strokes.When your family has a history of Diabete's you should be trying your best to excersise ( which mine does). When you been sitting inside for past few yrs for hrs and hrs at a time studying and reviewing for school.( which ive done) Is it over rated?? Not in my book. Im not into the heavy weight lifting. Im into the cardio and light weight work outs. Going to the gym to get so big you cant wipe your ass is def overrated. but working out and doing cardio to live a more fullfilling life and trying to prevent your self from all these horrible diseases its def worth it. Some cannot be prevented , but most can. But different strokes for different folks ( no pon intended).

Its been about 3 yrs maybe less since I been in the gym. With nursing school and all that goes with it, Just finally getting to going back. And damn do I miss the eye candy in there woo:p. I love spandex!!!!!. But yeah Im outta shape only lasted 45 mins of cardio. But today was the hardest day. The first initial day is always the hardest day to go back.. Anyone else just start going back to the gym or debaiting??
I've started going back and it can be a pain in the rear. But once you get back into it you'll feel alot better. You might want to try that P90x its awesome. and to loose weight just eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water.

I've started going back and it can be a pain in the rear. But once you get back into it you'll feel alot better. You might want to try that P90x its awesome. and to loose weight just eat 6 small meals a day and drink lots of water.
I got the p90x i enjoy it, but i dont have a big enough room or tall enough ceilings for a guy 6'3 doing sqaut jumps. ut i plan on getting into the p90x more after I build up some cardio bc Im dead after like 15 mins of the -90x. And your right that hardest part is getting in there that first time , which for me was supposed to be 3 weeks ago lol

been lazy the last 3 years. just got back to the gym the middle of December. Been going to the gym almost every day of the week and just taking off saturday and sundays. Its nice i can workout during work @ work so that makes thing better

~JM~ said:
Eff that! Working out & excercise are highly over rated.

~JM~

X2 it is the work part of working out that kills it for me. I get enough with my job and chasing my children around.

X2 it is the work part of working out that kills it for me. I get enough with my job and chasing my children around.
More power to you. I dont have kids and my job doesnt give me much excercise. Even tho I do take the stairs instead of the elevator. I just haev a little too much insulation haha. I wanna drop a few lbs

Keep at it. I find success in a determined workout buddy. I was doing my workouts in the basement for 3 months. Then told my buddy what I was doing and he was like," lets go to a real gym, I'll sign up with you". Did that 2 years ago, and still going strong. I was 166 pounds when I started, now I am 196 pounds and very toned. I attribute this to my partner. He takes no chit from me and religiously picks me up 3 days a week to bust my ass. He would probably kick down my door and pound on me if I flaked out. On top of that I play league basketball 2 days a week and leave my weekends open. Its a lot of work but its well worth it. Confidence, energy and strength is at a all time high. I am in the best shape of my life and feel good. It's a life style change, so do steps you can handle and be consistent with. Otherwise you will work your way right out of the gym.

Keep at it. I find success in a determined workout buddy. I was doing my workouts in the basement for 3 months. Then told my buddy what I was doing and he was like," lets go to a real gym, I'll sign up with you". Did that 2 years ago, and still going strong. I was 166 pounds when I started, now I am 196 pounds and very toned. I attribute this to my partner. He takes no chit from me and religiously picks me up 3 days a week to bust my ass. He would probably kick down my door and pound on me if I flaked out. On top of that I play league basketball 2 days a week and leave my weekends open. Its a lot of work but its well worth it. Confidence, energy and strength is at a all time high. I am in the best shape of my life and feel good. It's a life style change, so do steps you can handle and be consistent with. Otherwise you will work your way right out of the gym.
Yeah wish I could find a gym partner like that. But , I have some pretty good determination. I just hafta stick with it. I know what I have to do, Just have to do it.
Looking forward to taking it to the next step for sure. Can't eat right if you dont have the right food to eat.

On top of that I play league basketball 2 days a week and leave my weekends open.

Man I wish I had time for basketball! From 7th grade through my senior year, I would play AT LEAST 4 hours a night easily 5 days a week. Probably why I was 150# at graduation. 10 years later I'm a chunky 205 :eek: but working on it now. Just checked my calender, was able to hit the weights in the garage 8 out of the last 9 nights.

FYI...if anybody wants the P90X workout i got it on digits....think i got insanity too....I have to look for my deployment HD in one of my toughboxes....let me know if interested...

I can't exercise anymore......I just gave myself a hernia lifting my stomach out of the way so I could see to piss.

Blue Steel....'87GN

I've recently started back as well... (lifting and cardio) Been a long time. I've also started to incorporate some yoga into the mix... That stuff in no joke. I did the yoga routine on P90x and in about an hour and a half I was sweating more than I do on the treadmill... :eek: It has helped though in my flexibility and less back pain.

I've seen the commercials for the Insanity workout. Looks painful and effective. I might like to give that a shot.

I've recently started back as well... (lifting and cardio) Been a long time. I've also started to incorporate some yoga into the mix... That stuff in no joke. I did the yoga routine on P90x and in about an hour and a half I was sweating more than I do on the treadmill... :eek: It has helped though in my flexibility and less back pain.

I've seen the commercials for the Insanity workout. Looks painful and effective. I might like to give that a shot.

Thats funny... There is a thread about P90x on a local racing message board and everyone said Yoga was the one thing that kicked their butts.