Just got back into the gym..

I've been in the gym for 2 months now 4 days a week for at least an hour each time. Was my new years resolution. While it took me a few weeks to kick it into gear I'm staying strong and staying on it now.I feel better. I find my self running up steps in the house and not being winded at the top and my metabolism is running strong. While it hurts in the gym the first time over time it gets easy that's for sure. The pain starts to go away and you feel so much better. My energy level is off the charts and that alone is a great feeling. I'm almost looking for projects around the house just to do them!

It all started 3 years ago when I was handed a life changing diet from a best friend of mine (who is a member here) who saved my health and life for that matter. I was 275lbs running out of breath going up steps with a gut. Didn't want to do much and just all around lazy eating wrong all the time. I was on blood pressure meds and the cholesterol meds were around the corner from my yearly test results that were coming back over 220 range. My family doctor was not happy with me. So I went on this diet (well I like to call it a change in life style because it's not really a diet it's a way of life at this point) and in just under a year I lost 85lbs doing nothing but eating right. I did no exercise that year as I was worried about having a heart attack being over weight and out of shape. I cut out all the junk keeping it around 1200 to 1500 cals a day 7 days a week. Now for the last 2 years I've been the same weight 190lbs and I'm 6'1". Last year I got a mountain bike and did that as often as I could. Usually 2 or 3 hours a few times a week thru the local park. This year is to tone up and build some muscle in the gym. Since I've lost all this weight my doctor took me off the blood pressure meds and my cholesterol is around 125/130 range with no meds. I'm excited to see my results by summer time! I'm hoping to get back in that 2 piece string bikini again! :)

I've been in the gym for 2 months now 4 days a week for at least an hour each time. Was my new years resolution. While it took me a few weeks to kick it into gear I'm staying strong and staying on it now.I feel better. I find my self running up steps in the house and not being winded at the top and my metabolism is running strong. While it hurts in the gym the first time over time it gets easy that's for sure. The pain starts to go away and you feel so much better. My energy level is off the charts and that alone is a great feeling. I'm almost looking for projects around the house just to do them!

It all started 3 years ago when I was handed a life changing diet from a best friend of mine (who is a member here) who saved my health and life for that matter. I was 275lbs running out of breath going up steps with a gut. Didn't want to do much and just all around lazy eating wrong all the time. I was on blood pressure meds and the cholesterol meds were around the corner from my yearly test results that were coming back over 220 range. My family doctor was not happy with me. So I went on this diet (well I like to call it a change in life style because it's not really a diet it's a way of life at this point) and in just under a year I lost 85lbs doing nothing but eating right. I did no exercise that year as I was worried about having a heart attack being over weight and out of shape. I cut out all the junk keeping it around 1200 to 1500 cals a day 7 days a week. Now for the last 2 years I've been the same weight 190lbs and I'm 6'1". Last year I got a mountain bike and did that as often as I could. Usually 2 or 3 hours a few times a week thru the local park. This year is to tone up and build some muscle in the gym. Since I've lost all this weight my doctor took me off the blood pressure meds and my cholesterol is around 125/130 range with no meds. I'm excited to see my results by summer time! I'm hoping to get back in that 2 piece string bikini again! :)
Awesome man. Glad your getting healthy. I was never really overweight or as people would say fat, But I always been big. Before nursing school I was a solid 275 at 6'3. But after few yrs of studying and eaeting like chit Ive gotten over 300 and Ive lost my muscle tone. But I plan on getting into my banana hammick hopefully in a couple months