Just got back from the track

85 TR

I ran my car for the first time since replacing all the pipes and having headers welded. The car ran great but i had no traction so the runs were off idle, my best run was a 15.17 at 90.37mph with 235/60/14 tires .

I am putting on 275/50/15s this week and will be back out at the track next weekend. My question is, will the added height of the tire slow my car unuff to counteract the higher traction and slow my e.ts down ?

just thinking too much

Well, that really depends on how much she spins. For a good indicator, check out your 60' times. Compare them to your 1/8 mile times to your 1/4 mile times and you'll get some indication of what is going on. Do you have a scantool? A chip? A hotwired fuel pump? 90 mph sure sounds like a 15.00 or maybe a very high 14, and there isn't much difference between 215/65/15, 235/60/15, and 275/50/15 in terms of height. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just powerbrake at the line and leave with a few psi after a mild burn out and things should look up for you. Oh, and if you can get some race gas to mix in if your running pump poison, then you'll really lower the risk of blowing your car up.

when my car was stock ex for 307 pump adj reg and it was hot wired i have 275 60 15 on the back i did 90 mph at 15.34 with a little wheel hop but the thing is that i had a bad turbo and injectors . run some cam 2 and see what it does , what kind of boost are you running.

sorry for taking so long to reply,my computer crashed. My car is running at the stock 14psi and my fastest pass was at 91.14mph but e.t was a 15.25. I was just hopping to see high 14s this weekend.

What is cam 2 an octane booster becouse I was running some pennzoil junk? and thanks for the replys.

Ah! No, Cam 2 is racing fuel. It's hard to resist the temptation to do so, I know, but avoid using "octane boosters" as they do not perform as advertised and coat the valves in unburned gunk. They only raise the octane a few points, as in "decimal" points, ie: 92 octane becomes 92.8 octane. Real race gas should be at least 100 octane, and it may be leaded gasoline. Check at the nearby speedshops, or find out if any nearby stations can either carry or get high octane fuel. Other brands include VP and Turbo Blue. And real race gas makes a big difference, going from 92 pump to 112 VP leaded got rid of a huge knock problem at 17 psi. It's just safe insurance while running at the track to keep your headgaskets in check.

cam 2 comes in 100, 110, and 116 were i live i run 110 and it cost 3.75 gal you will know cam 2 when you smell it running in a car. Some sunoco and race tracks should have it.