Just got back from the dyno

DNA Strand

And really, I'm kind of disappointing. I made 269HP and 307lb.ft. of torque. I was expecting more. The car was running rich and it was only at 15 lbs of boost, so I think with a better tune there is more power to be had here. My TT chip is for a te-60 and a front mount intercooler. I have a te-34 and a SLIC with a dutt neck.

My cars mods:

te-34
42.5# injectors
SLIC with duttneck
206/206 cam
port and polish
lt1 valvesprings
ATR downpipe
ATR wastegate
ATR 3in duel exhaust
.030 over weisco pistons with stock 8.5:1 CR
# 2 and 3 billet steel main caps
ARP fasteners

And I think that's it. The good part is everything ran great, my oil/choke light was on, but my gauge was showing plenty of oil pressure, not sure why it was on???

This was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, the dyno owner said on other dynos (like a dynojet) it would have probably shown more than 300HP, so I guess its all relative. I am going to try to get in touch with Eric at turbotweak and see if he thinks I might get more power with a new chip, I was definitely running rich. I find it strange because I can't get any traction from a 1st gear pull and I spin all the way into 3rd gear! And this is with 275/50/15 Nitto 555Rs on Weld prostars, so its not like we are talking about street tires.

It is all relative when it comes to dynos. Run it down the strip and weigh it, you can compute hp from that. Sounds like you have a good setup though. You can lean it out yourself with the TT chip and a scanmaster. Welcome to Turbo Buicks! I'm betting less than 12 months before you have alky on it...

LOL The alky is down the road, but I WILL get it eventually. I just bought a 91 MR2 turbo and I told myself I would get that back together and on the road before I bought an alky kit....but well see how long that idea lasts. I also have a greddy 25G turbo sitting on a shelf in my shop and I have dirty thoughts about putting it on the buick.......

I bought some air bags for the back and I will soon be putting on new shocks on and braces on the car and then I will head to the track. I have had the car for a while and done a lot of work on it. I have become pretty familiar with the car and slowly but surely I am getting everything in order for 24+ #s of boost.

Good approach. Sounds like you will have lots of fun. I lurked on this board for a long time while I had my car but I'm glad I signed up. The internet and the wonderful and helpful people here make owning these cars now as opposed to 20 years ago a lot easier as long as you can read and understand. My mechanic has owned TR's since the early 90's and he has plenty of horror stories in the early days of trying to make these cars fast. Something new all the time where now we have recipes. It's still just as fun though.

It's making what it should with the boost you ran.

what was the airfuel ratio. did they tell you. its probably rich. like bison said it sounds right. for the boost level. there maybe 30hp pulling fuel. running on the street is different then on the dyno.

I think those are good numbers out of a V6 at only 15 psi. What was a/f?

I had nearly the same setup and made 381hp/445 Tq at the rear wheels without ported heads and only a stock cam….Alky and 25psi made the difference!

I had nearly the same setup and made 381hp/445 Tq at the rear wheels without ported heads and only a stock cam….Alky and 25psi made the difference!

x2! 320 HP 415 Torque with Alky and 21# boost. Dyno had issues and only got 2 pulls with no tweaking between runs. I had no knock and was going to start dialing up the boost, too!:( My tune is fat IMHO. A trip to Otto's is in order sometime this spring.

Thank you for all your responses. I guess its time to turn up the boost and see what I can get away with.

Also the boost is not always very consistent this morning I hit it in 3rd gear and it shot up to 15#s then crept up to around 17#, maybe I need a better wastegate?

I get some of that also...boost creep. What causes that anyways? When i look at my PL i will see 22-24-21 ect.

poor bypassing ability of the wastegate.....either from having too small of a wastegate puck or a bad approach angle that kills what could have been effective exhaust flow