Where's the boost?
I just got done installing one:

Sure is a lot open space up front:
openspace.jpg

This should fill it nicely:
testfit.jpg

And some piping:
testpipe.jpg

Cut some holes (I know the cuts look crappy, I'm still a bit amateur with the plasma cutter):
icinlet.jpg

icoutlet.jpg

Massage the stock A/C, oil cooler, and trans cooler lines out of the way:
crowded.jpg

Blowing through an LT-1 MAF:
blowthrough.jpg

Almost done:
almostdone.jpg

I picked up 5psi on the footbrake and around 4psi at WOT vs the stock IC. Pretty hard to drive the car in 17 degree weather though ;)

Unfortunately, I've picked up some compressor surge at around 8psi. Oh well, sacrifices must be made in the name of boost.

Yes, but it only works with a LT-1/LS-1 style air flow sensor and the MAF Translator, the stock sensor will probably explode if exposed to boost.

There's a slight improvement in idle quality and throttle response running the sensor this way.

Wow, you are in urbana? I am from Decatur, IL. I am currently living in Indianapolis and going to school. I however am back in decatur until later this day, and go through champaign to get back home. I might try to get ahold of you to come see it sometime when I will be in the area again.

Ben

Did you have any issues with the end tanks resting on the bumper support?

The reason I am asking is because I am about to do the same.

I don't have any issues with the end tanks hitting the bumper supports, but I did mount mine higher up and farther foward than most others have. The high beams will never be aimed quite right, but the intercooler is entirely above the core support.

Originally posted by Worthog
Yes, but it only works with a LT-1/LS-1 style air flow sensor and the MAF Translator, the stock sensor will probably explode if exposed to boost.

There's a slight improvement in idle quality and throttle response running the sensor this way.

Never seen it run his way, I normally just have a chip burned off my readings to improve cold start ups and idle quality. Strange set-up I must say. :confused:

Good Job. I wish I had a plasma cutter. That must have saved you a ton of time.

I just finished mine last week. I was able to get it in there real close to the core support and lower. Im very happy with the results. The GT67 spools up fast with just a 3200 stall AC. I also didnt want to use too many couplers . So i had all the pipes tig welded and joined. This eliminated 2 of the couplers and looks cleaner.

I have some updated pics on my album below.

I have read several posts and processes of installing a powerstroke fm and some use 2.5" piping, while others use 3". I have my ps mounted and I am planning on using 2.5" piping...reason being is that it looks as if it will be easier and will mate up with the tb. My question is....what size piping are the majority of you using and why? thnx

pipes

Louie you ever thought about making some pipes and selling them for the powerstroke intercoolers?

Originally posted by turboG
I have read several posts and processes of installing a powerstroke fm and some use 2.5" piping, while others use 3". I have my ps mounted and I am planning on using 2.5" piping...reason being is that it looks as if it will be easier and will mate up with the tb. My question is....what size piping are the majority of you using and why? thnx

I guess no one knows the size of their piping.......:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

I went with 3" only because I'm using the 3" MAF in blowthrough and I had plenty of 3" couplers. I would have gone 2.5" otherwise. There's very little if any advantage to 3" piping, and clearancing it around the passenger side of the radiator area is harder than with the 2.5" pipe.

I'd love to be able to weld my pipe, but I don't have acess to a TIG. Your piping looks really good Louie. Mine is a little too blingy ;)

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
Worthog, how's about a case of beer and a weekend to help me with my PS install?!?!?!

Your car is too nice to be slicing up like that Tom.

You can use either size pipe without any performance loss. I dont think it will be any easier and you will still have to use 2 reducers. You are either going to reduce the IC outlets from 3 in to 2.5 or you are going to reduce the pipes at the turbo and TB.

I was able to cheat mine at the throttle body by using a metal reducer which allowed me to run the stock 2.5 coupler. I was unable to do the same at the turbo due to the tight bend on the 90 deg pipe.

Windmill,
I actually thought about making the pipes. But I really dont think that the pice would be acceptable to most. As many of you know there pipes alone are about $85-100.00. After welding, painting and shipping it would be in the 250.00 - 300.00 range.

I know i wouldnt pay that for a set.;)

A friend of mine just gave me his PS intercooler and I will be installing this on my wagon, if no one mines i will be asking a few questions on the install, so the first one is where does one get the piping for the install, I will be using 2.5, thanks.

Ron