Just curious-who pays for damage in a sanctioned drag race?

I had to sign a form at work, that stated if I crashed while racing, I forfeited my disability insurance income. But they would pay the medical bills..... put a downer on racing...

Chuck

Racing is racing BUT don't wreck another car being stupid,ya might get a new tuneup

Kevin

I had to sign a form at work, that stated if I crashed while racing, I forfeited my disability insurance income. But they would pay the medical bills..... put a downer on racing...

Chuck

why did you have to fill out that form? was it something that everyone had to sign as a part of getting the insurance, or were you going around bragging about how fast your car is and how much you race? do they make employees that run marathons or race bicycles or whatever sign the same form?

Beware of inviting the insurance co.'s to the track, we will all end up wearing firesuits and racing pedal cars w/roll-cages!:eek: At present we are all equal w/"run-what -ya-brung". When you pay them to take the responsability, they take it seriously and use it to dictate how you are going to race. The above example can't be to far off!

why did you have to fill out that form? was it something that everyone had to sign as a part of getting the insurance, or were you going around bragging about how fast your car is and how much you race? do they make employees that run marathons or race bicycles or whatever sign the same form?

It was bullsh*t, the owners made everyone sign the addendum to the policy. It was worded something like,"If you participate in a dangerous activity, such as moutain climbing, skydiving, drag racing, etc. and get hurt we will not pay you disability claim". The company was since sold and the new company has no BS clause in it policy..... new coverage starts 12/1

Chuck