Just a word about Bowler Transmission

Gbody5

Stuck in the 80's
I want to publically recognize Mark Bowler and the guys at Bowler Transmission, they are a class act and provide great customer service.

My dad has a 1978 Olds Holiday 88 that has a few mods, inlcuding a 3:42 rear he put in a few years ago. Loved the jump he got but regretted the high RPM cruise. I offered him the 200-4R out of my MCSS and recommended Bowlers. They did a complete overhaul and performance build up and swapped it in just in time for a show in St. Louis in October. They ran into a problem with the Edelbrock performer carb linkage/performer intake and could not get TV set just right, but got it close enough to drive.

Dad took it back yesterday after they had a chance to move into their new building. They opted to put a spacer in to rasie the carb enough to get the TV properly situated on the linkage bracket and adjusted. Also relocated the the automatic and manual lock up switches for easier access and a number of other fine tuning adjustments. They worked all day on this, making a trip to the auto parts store for a gasket and several test drives and made sure it was to my dads liking.

When it was all said and done my dad asked what was the damage, they said no charge and that they wished they could have gotten it right the first go around but just ran out of time. Now they could have asked my dad to drop it off where they could fiddle with it between other jobs, but they knew it was almost a two hour drive for him and he would have to get transportation back and forth, so they just worked on it all day until it was done.

They wanted a satisfied customer.....and they got one!

Thanks again to Mark, Chad and all the guys at Bowlers, wonderful experience and great work!:D