Just a quick little street launch

Qwkspool

i know my car is weak sauce compared to most of you guys. But here is my GN doing a little street launch (tire spin galore). I had a buddy in town and he wanted to check out the car, so I was riding with 2 other passengers. The car ran a 12.40 a couple of weeks ago after driving 135 miles up to the track with the a/c on. That was with the stock turbo at 24 psi and not locking the converter so I probably could have gone faster but wanted to drive home. The only other change now is a TE60 turbo. I couldn't even spin the tires on the street with the stock turbo but now it's the total opposite.

LOL, where abouts you located? I'm up in the nw corner...Mike

Hmmm... Airport access road towards 113? I used to live in Cranston and Oak Lawn Beach areas and I know that strip well. When I installed my first nitrous kit ('92 MR2) I went there to do my first ever test run back in 1998.

Check out google maps street view of that area... there's a dude in a late model black Mustang. What do you think he's "testing" out there??!!

Haha. I guess it's not a "secret" test spot. By looking at all the marks, it seems everyone does their testing there.

Pretty awesome! Not sure why you could't shred the tires with the stock turbo though. Especially if you went to a bigger turbo and no change in stall. Sweet ride regardless.

I was talking from a roll. The et streets are awesome. I could shred the tires all day with the stock turbo when it was on street tires.