June 27 2009 - CT Turbo Buick event-official thread

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
OK, here is what is proposed. SATURDAY JUNE 27th!!

Meet at McDonalds in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike at 5PM for quick bite and then off to Wallingford en masse to the cruise nite at the On Track Go Kart (EXIT 66 off RT 15) Easy no hassle cruise from the Pike.

Hang out there for a bit and then head back up to the Pike to the Panera Bread cruise on the Pike. We won't be able to park in their cruise since I am sure it will be filled by the time we get there BUT the former AppleBees restaurant lot next door might give us plenty of room to park all of our cars.

THEN, we can head up to the Burger King cruise after that.

Make sure you fill up your tanks BEFORE we head out. Reason for meeting at McD's to start is for a quick fueling for US as the cruise at the indoor go kart track doesn't have any decent food, there is a Friendlys nearby but if you go in there we might not see you again that evening! LOUSY SLOW service.

Option - if you are in the area of the go kart cruise you can just join us there around 6PM. Figure we can leave McD's no later than 5:30 and be in Wallingford around 6.

Main purpose is to get out and actually drive our TR's and not just sit around at Hooters like we did last time. No offense to Hooters.:smile:

Post here if you are in! Don't want to be sitting at McD's by myself.:)

Link to go kart track http://www.ontrackkarting.com/

Why Drive ?

Mark,

I may meet up somewhere cause I'm not into driving around. Do enough of that back and forth to work every day. I would rather look at everyones cars and hang out for a while but thats my opinion. I'll try and meet up at Panera bread.

Allan G.

Mark,

I may meet up somewhere cause I'm not into driving around. Do enough of that back and forth to work every day. I would rather look at everyones cars and hang out for a while but thats my opinion. I'll try and meet up at Panera bread.

Allan G.

Wuss! :smile:

Was talking about Allan G! I know Boostingirl is a female.:smile: Met her at Hooters last get together.

What good would having a car on the road be now anyway? It rains every other hour...:rolleyes: I'm glad it's not ready. I would be so frustrated if it was driveable during this weather. Saturday looks good for you guys tho for once.

Good point! Braved the weather last nite to go to the CT Dragway Reunion at the Mountainside resort in Wallingford. Got caught in some spritzers, lousy turnout too. Shoulda just stayed home.

yeah i got to work in upstate ny this weekend.i will be around next weekend up at the pike with a few other turbo buick guys and gals> and brett my car is not done yet but when it is your going to get spanked:eek:

Bison is the only thing you will be spanking...:eek: Nevermind, he would probably enjoy it too much.

Was talking about Allan G! I know Boostingirl is a female.:smile: Met her at Hooters last get together.

Where were you guys last Friday at Hooters ? I was the only Turbo Regal. I drive my car everywhere. Probably have the only 9 second engine with 3000+ miles on it. Last time it was on the trailer was around 2004. Just don't see the point in driving around for nothing. I enjoy hanging around, relaxing, and swaping stories with the guys. Driving in a convoy is for the movies Rubber Ducky:) .
Allan G.