Julio's Pump Tester

Jack Kotlarz

Just tested my alcohol pump with Julio's new tester. Works Great and easy to use. It showed that the pump [3 years old] was getting weak and time to replace it. Probably saved a HG or worse.
With ignition on, the gauge read about 100psi. According to Julio, that should have been around 130 to 150 psi. Great product, Thanks, Julio

Just tested my alcohol pump with Julio's new tester. Works Great and easy to use. It showed that the pump [3 years old] was getting weak and time to replace it. Probably saved a HG or worse.
With ignition on, the gauge read about 100psi. According to Julio, that should have been around 130 to 150 psi. Great product, Thanks, Julio

Never heard of it or seen it... Pics? Price?

This new device will help with 2 things. Keeping your alky system up for the task and keeping Julio selling replacement pumps. ;)

Wonder what the life expectancy's of these pumps really are. I want to say mine was only a couple years old if that. I could tell it was not the same just by hitting the test button and watching AFR's. When the pump was good AFR's would drop like a rock. When the pump was tired, I would only see light dipping. :eek:

I going to get the new tester, but I change my pumps out every two years as of right now.

Look a few posts down or search his name. It is a cool feature. I thought they were supposed to hit 250 PSi though? At 8 on the knob of course. :confused:

Jason

Fill your tank with water, make sure the battery is at least 14v, and swing the knob to 30 PSI.. it should hit 250 PSI on a healthy pump.

Put alcohol in the tank, battery at 11 volts, pressure should still be over 150.

Not that it matters, hopefully even with a 15 GPH nozzle.. 100 PSI is plenty of alcohol. The big pressure is only a need when your on the edge.

If you are running an XFI Fast system, you can run the tester with the ignition turned to ON, but the test will not work with the engine running because of the lack of a maps signal to the computer. However, it will work with the stock computer with the engine running.

I think I'm gonna have to give this tester a try as well. I noticed when it was new I would hit the test button on the controller with the car running it would almost stall right away. Now I can hold the button in for a few seconds and only when I go to take off it stumbles a touch. Leads me to believe it's running down the up pipe into the IC because the pressure isn't there. Time to turn the boost down that's for sure! :eek:

Purple wire

Have Razors Alcohol Kit and had connected the purple wire to kill the alcohol when launching off the Stage Rite trans brake a year ago. Recently could not get the pump to put out more than 50psi., changed pumps, rewired the MAP sensor, checked the filter, checked the nozzle, all good. Disconnected the purple wire and got 160psi on the alcohol pump. What happened was the wire had a worn spot and had grounded against the tranmission causing a short and killing the power to the alcohol pump. This one was hard to fine!