Jounce bars/"triangle braces"

rev. 3:11

"BEHOLD! I COME QUICKLY..."
I just aquired all the bottom end parts to complete my triangle braces set-up & thought I'd add my $.02. When installing, insread of trying to tie all the stuff together all at once I went to Pep-Boys and got 2 extra-long bolts w/ 4 washers & 4 nuts ($2.00 - $3.00)12mm/50mm long (They have the oxide finish automotive grade hardware instead of that shiny stuff). I removed the original bolts (18mm), you need a socket and box end 18mm the hold from the top, it fits right through the big round hole next to the bolt. Then I replaced w/ the longer bolts, then installed the diagonal braces and bolted them up (the orig.bolt head was 18mm but the new are 19mm!?!) then after they were secure I put the final brace on which fits under the rad. support and just added a 2nd washer/nut. The original nut gave me the proper spacing w/o needing a bunch of washers to smack you in the face while trying to mount the braces. This will assist if you can't locate all the braces at the same time, but allows you to mount the diagonals w/o having to mess with them when you mount the 3rd brace. If you do have all 3 braces it prevents alot of cussing when trying to mount them! I also used a tire-iron to cheat the 3rd brace into place. Now all the chirps are gone or at least in the rear where they belong:)