John Gallina's Grand National will be auctioned at Barret Jakson this month

arista5

Sold, and Replaced
Staff member
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=17877

1987 BUICK REGAL GRAND NATIONAL NHRA RECORD HOLDING DRAG RACER
LOT #1249 - NO RESERVE
2005 BJCCA CCA

Full Size
OPTIONS
COLOR - BLACK
TRANS - AUTO
CYLINDERS - V6
ENGINE SIZE - 209
HORSEPOWER - 1292

NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) Super Stocker. This car is owned and driven by John Gallina. The 209 cubic inch, 1,292 horse powered, twin turbo V-6 was built, powered and tuned by the renowned Kenny Duttweiler. The car has been campaigned in NHRA drag racing since 1996. It has the proud distinction of becoming the first and only super stocker to ever run in the seven-second zone, as certified by NHRA. On May 1st, 2003 it blasted to a 7.98 @ 167.44 thus making it the "World's Quickest & Fastest Super Stocker ". The car's power and drive train have been completely freshened and are ready to make a 7 second pass right off the trailer for the new owner. Currently holds NHRA record set 4/17/04: 7.81 @ 178.94. Class winner of the 2000 & 2004 Indianapolis U. S. Nationals + 10 additional national events class wins.

Yes, scheduled for sale, Sun Jan 30, according to the BJ sight. Hope it goes over the block when speed channel coverage is on, but I doubt it. Speed channel coverage only runs from noon to three that day, and lot 1249 (John's car) is down closer to the middle of that days list.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Yes, scheduled for sale, Sun Jan 30, according to the BJ sight. Hope it goes over the block when speed channel coverage is on, but I doubt it. Speed channel coverage only runs from noon to three that day, and lot 1249 (John's car) is down closer to the middle of that days list.
yes john's car will air on the 30th. somewhere from 12:00 to 3:00 az time. on speed channel.

If you've never been to Barrett-Jackson, and you've got the time to go, I really recommend it. What a circus! Incredible cars, vendors, babes (commercial and otherwise - money seems to attract them, I dunno...) and just outrageous automotive excess. Case in point: from the top of the main tent - about 60 feet up - they have an aluminum-bodied Cobra - polished - spinning around like a mirror ball. Just a hoot! I may be going this year again.

Originally posted by LV GN
yes john's car will air on the 30th. somewhere from 12:00 to 3:00 az time. on speed channel.

Do ya think we'll actually get to see his car go over the block though? Since it's so far down the list, and speed's actual coverage is only from noon to 3.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Do ya think we'll actually get to see his car go over the block though? Since it's so far down the list, and speed's actual coverage is only from noon to 3.
john said yes.

just talked to john he said if the barret will let me. i will be the driver to bring the car on stage! woo--hoo!!!!!!! kenny d. will also be there. i think this is really cool! john said the car will roll on stage around 1 pm az time. jan. 30th

My buddy is going to the auction for other cars, but said he would video John's car going up and being auctioned