John Deer or Cub Cadet?

IMG_5862.jpg

Cant do this with a JD or a Cub! Get a Simplicity if you want the best cut. I bought mine for right @ 3k. All the new "cheaper" tractors are pretty much flimsey junk, mine included, but their inexpensive. The Simplicity has the best deck in my opinion. My previous JD was 10 times the tractor, but I dont use the Simplity for anything but mowing. I love the stripes!

You and me both!!! I'll never own anything other than a Simplicity again!!!

And the smooth, no gouging, no scalping cut is great!! Simplicity still holds the patent on that deck which is why you can't get it on any other brand.

Attachments

• 100_0149.JPG
    100_0149.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 297
I'd recommend a used Kubota if you can find one. Ours has been moving (5) acres weekly for (20) years and its held up well for all the abuse its took. You can periodically find them on craigslist, I've seen a few at auctions with loaders and 3-pt attachments go for less than 3k. If your looking for a zero turn, Country Clipper makes nice mowers. I bought an 05 60" this spring for about $3500 with 200 hours on it, and love it. It has the Kohler 25hp motor, not the Kawasaki.

You definately get what you pay for. Spend as much money as you can with a mower and keep it forever.

thats true anything under 2,000 are pretty much made by MTD. and what makes stripes in you grass are just wide deck rollers, i sell top of the line exmark bobcat scag you should see the stipe kits for them they are a 50# roller mounted on the back of the decks.

I've got a Cub Cadet HDS3225 with the 26HP Kohler engine and a nice 54" deck that is about 10 years old. It's been trouble free except for the flywheel throwing one of the magnets off that the timing system uses which was causing hard starts and the time that I blew out the rear end...but that one was probably my fault...mine has a snow plow attachment and I was pushing just a wee to much snow...Cub Cadet dealer said he's never seen that before..well their is always a first time. Overall...been real happy with it.

thats true anything under 2,000 are pretty much made by MTD. and what makes stripes in you grass are just wide deck rollers, i sell top of the line exmark bobcat scag you should see the stipe kits for them they are a 50# roller mounted on the back of the decks.

True it's a combination of striping rollers and and full flloating deck. Striping rollers are available on high end commercial machines like the one you mentioned (not exactly something your average homeowner is looking for). But the combination of rollers on a floating deck are pretty much a Simplicity specialty.