Jeep Steering shaft

Wld87GN

What year steering shaft is everyone using to replace the stock POS?

Also, my research has shown that there may be a difference between the Grand Cherokee and the regular Cherokee, any validity to this?

Kirban 2 cents worth

There is a shaft that is even better than a Jeep one its actually a GM shaft comes out of newer vehicles and is easier to work with. Plus its a GM part!!!!! we sell them currently I am out of them for about 10 days...

We also sell a new upper bearing which we recommend you replace at the same time since you have the shaft out as GM used a plastic bearing and we have a steel one that replaces it.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Our shaft is I think $89.95 before shipping.
One reason the GM shaft is better is because in the vehicles they are in it has a boot over it so it is not rusty. The Jeep one doe snot have a boot over it....I am referring to it having a boot in the original vehicle not in a turbo regal.

What newer GM vehicle do they come out of [steering shaft] and are they a direct replacement?

I rather not say what vintage GM shaft is out of also it is not a direct fit I have to have it clocked other wise your steering wheel would not stay straight...I have a company that does it....I am currently out of the shafts when I have them they run $89.95 and are absollutely show quality with illustrated directions....

Probably be 10 days or so before I have any ready to sell