Jay or Dan @ OGS - question on Propain

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi Guys!

I've got an OGS Propain setup in my GN powered truck. I'd like to know if you'd be willing to modify my controller. I would like to have an audible alert for whenever the system is injecting propane. My bottle is in the truck bed and the solenoid cannot be heard. I'm thinking a small 1/8" phono jack on the side that one could hook up a small piezo speaker to... If I had to give up something, the 'overboost' cicruit is useless to me.

Thanks!

Why not connect a bulb across the selenoid? Kinda like a shift lite.. we do this with alky systems and use the power injection slot on a GN dash.

May just be as effective??

Originally posted by Razor
Why not connect a bulb across the selenoid? Kinda like a shift lite.. we do this with alky systems and use the power injection slot on a GN dash.

Yeah, I'm just suffering from getting old. <LOL> That's by far the simplest solution!

Thanks!

How did you manage to get that GN dash to fit in your TTA?? Also, how do you like having an 85mph speedo?

Seriously though, are there any empty idiot light spots on the TTA? I never looked. I know I could do without the Security light but never noticed any others that aren't needed (well maybe fasten seat belts as that goes without saying the way I drive):D

I need something put by my rear view mirror cuase I'm always looking back at the guy i'm racing :D

Hmmm, that doesn't work, it just 'stalls' the solenoid. I tried a red LED just for kicks (bridged across the sol wires) and it stops the solenoid from pulsing.

I ended up using a piezo buzzer which works fine for some reason (maybe the LED drew too much current?). The buzzer draws 12 ma, and *I think* the LED draws whatever it can, so it *might* work with the proper limiting resistor in series. An incandescent bulb will definitely NOT work. I DID want audible though, so I'm all set as is. Now I get a whoop-whoop whenever the propane is active and the 'whoops' match the duty cycle! :cool:

Mine is an LED but the power is actually coming from the power switch and ground from the solenoid, I just figured the solenoid positive would work too. Use a resistor on the LED.

Russ,
The yellow LED is on when propane is being injected, off when not. Is the controller mounted where it can't be seen?
Dan

PS Sorry for the late reply....My account was disabled temporarily till now.

No offense Dan, but the controller is a little big to be able to mount where it can be seen without looking tacky. I mounted mine in the console so it could be reached and wouldn't interfere with anything on the dash. It didn't allow me to see it while driving so I ran the extra LED up to my boost gauge. Now I can look at the boost and see when it turns on and cycles, very handy IMHO.

BTW, still on hte second bottle:D

Originally posted by HurstGN
Russ,
The yellow LED is on when propane is being injected, off when not. Is the controller mounted where it can't be seen?
Dan

PS Sorry for the late reply....My account was disabled temporarily till now.

Hey Dan,

My cockpit is rather small (especially with me in it!), so I keep the controller under my seat and only pull it out when making adjustments. Now with the 'buzzer' going off, there's no doubt when the Propain is active! :cool:

I have figured out an excellent way to know when the Pro-pain is on........inject nitrous at the same time :)

Dan (OGS) did you get my e-mail a month back on the v10 dyno numbers ?