Jay Cater Propane Update.

Originally posted by tim87tr
Tony, I believe their is an initial price for the preorders in this introduction thread, along with a few pics maybe:
Jay Carter Propane Introduction, Preorder, Pricing, Pics?
I am really looking forward to using this system, hopefully next year. To many cars/projects, not enough time/money :)

doh, forgot all about that thread, the price is higher than I expected as well but i'm sure the quality is good :)

Originally posted by fly89gta
doh, forgot all about that thread, the price is higher than I expected as well but i'm sure the quality is good :)

Like I stated before. There is nothing second rate about this system. It's 100% steel braided line, a custom made propane regulator, custom made valves, electronics, etc. We have gone all out on this system. I could have cut corners and made a system with no electronics, regulator, etc and sold it for cheaper but as soon as I did, someone would be complaining about there NOT being a regulator or electronics so you're damn if you do, damn if you dont.

You get what you pay for here. It's pricey but also top shelf. I do expect the price to not stay at $579.00. I think it will creep up in the next couple of months. This system just costs too much to build for the amount of profit that is in it and the initial investment that has been made.

Sure you could've cut corners, but like you said people still would've bitched, damn if you did, damned if you didn't. If people are going to bitch at you have them bitch at a top notch system :)