Jason White goes 8.77

He was tearing it up at BG. It wouldn't suprise me. If so congrats again Jason!

Neal

Way to go Jason, I knew it had a 7 in it...
Congrats , you earned it !

Bryan

109 block correct?

Yeah! I spoke with him in BG. Below is a post he replied to a comment I made on his video:

Nine 8 second passes so far on the same stock Buick 109 block...not including several years of mid to low 9s. plan on making several more 8 second passes.
Here's the tally so far:
8.96 @ Bowling Green GS Nats 2011
8.83 @ No Problem Raceway testing 11/11
8.96 & 8.85 @ Hub City Dragway testing 67mm Turbo
8.88, 8.83, 8.82, 8.82, 8.81 @ Bowling Green GS Nats 2012

"8.96 & 8.85 @ Hub City Dragway testing 67mm Turbo" is the one that blows me away...67mm turbo :D

Yeah! I spoke with him in BG. Below is a post he replied to a comment I made on his video:

Nine 8 second passes so far on the same stock Buick 109 block...not including several years of mid to low 9s. plan on making several more 8 second passes.
Here's the tally so far:
8.96 @ Bowling Green GS Nats 2011
8.83 @ No Problem Raceway testing 11/11
8.96 & 8.85 @ Hub City Dragway testing 67mm Turbo
8.88, 8.83, 8.82, 8.82, 8.81 @ Bowling Green GS Nats 2012

"8.96 & 8.85 @ Hub City Dragway testing 67mm Turbo" is the one that blows me away...67mm turbo :D

This is whats more amazing...
20121110_212409.jpg

Why have a stage 2 built when 109's can outrun 2/3's of them. That is seriously fast. My Gosh!!!!!!!!! Someone has really worked out this combo. If us common people can be exposed to combo's like this, turbo regals could start an assault on race tracks across the USA all over gain. I give the highest props to the people who race and support the TSM classes. Thanks for continuing to push the envelope to the max. Way 2 go.

You have to have good parts. And you must have a great tune. And build on those. Jason is an Awesome tuner!
Now when he applies this to Josh's car, Look out!

BuickNut said:
You have to have good parts. And you must have a great tune. And build on those. Jason is an Awesome tuner!
Now when he applies this to Josh's car, Look out!

Along with good parts you need to know what to do with them. Where to run them. Proper tuning. Playing with the cars chassis to get the
car down the quarter. Nipping it over a long period of time. It takes a lot of everything to do it. JW continues to push boundaries with this car. Most don't have the balls to try it.

Why have a stage 2 built when 109's can outrun 2/3's of them. That is seriously fast. My Gosh!!!!!!!!! Someone has really worked out this combo. If us common people can be exposed to combo's like this, turbo regals could start an assault on race tracks across the USA all over gain. I give the highest props to the people who race and support the TSM classes. Thanks for continuing to push the envelope to the max. Way 2 go.

I think what Jason and his guys have figured out that has eluded a lot of others who have tried is how to make the block live. Typically if you get into the low 9's the block will crack between the main bearing bore and the cam bearing bore. He has a great combo and a really good tune up and some very skilled friends helping him out.

Keep up the good work!

Neal