It's running finally

Eventually....but right now planning to run TSL.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Hey Billy,

I am considering running TSL too :wink: and have the 4276 sitting in my shop. I'm legal right now with the exception of the turbo change.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your 4276 piping when you get it finished. ( compressor inlet and outlet ) Looks like I will have to do some fabrication to accomodate the flange type connection. Looks real tight fitting under the throttle body also.

If you get a minute, let me know.

George, in ALBERTA

Update

Some pics of the exhaust and intercooler piping done.

Billy%20T%20GN%20004.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20006.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20011.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20015.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20016.jpg

This the complete pics:
jwracing-fab.com :: View topic - Billy T's 1987 Grand National Intercooler / Exhaust Tubing

And the shop:
JW Racing Fabrication LLC - Seymour CT

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy, that looks like a burns stainless muffler ??? what size exhaust is that ? It's coming along nicely !

Billy,

That looks really nice, what is the rear cross over for?

Billy, that looks like a burns stainless muffler ??? what size exhaust is that ? It's coming along nicely !

Nope, Burns stuff is way over rated and $$$$. That's a cheap mild steel Dynomax bullet muffler that I bought from Summit. Exhaust size is 4". I didn't opted for stainless because my car is parked in a heated garage and doesn't see inclement weather use. I'm thinking of sending the exhaust off the Jet Hot to be coated.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy,

That looks really nice, what is the rear cross over for?

Thanks.

I have a fobia that I might buckle the quaterpanels since the frame rails are notched. By notching the frame, the lower control arm frame mounts want to twist up into the floorboard. I re-plated the frame with 1/8-3/16 steel plate. I also have the HR lower control arm boxing brackets. I'm thinking about tying the lower mounts into the crossmember. And I got tired of it laying around in my garage.:) So I braced the sh!t out of the car.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Im sure it will run as good as it looks - lots of work. Let us know how she goes..good luck..Larry

Nope, Burns stuff is way over rated and $$$$. That's a cheap mild steel Dynomax bullet muffler that I bought from Summit. Exhaust size is 4". I didn't opted for stainless because my car is parked in a heated garage and doesn't see inclement weather use. I'm thinking of sending the exhaust off the Jet Hot to be coated.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Cool ! What's the orange wrap around the trans lines in the last pic ? Thermal proteccion ? Billy do u have a pic of ur cowl dip tray available ? I'm about to install mine & any pics of it installed would be useful along with any advice or pointers. Thanx.