Its FINALLY Calendar time!!!

tjthorson

Well, I have decided to do the calendars again this year. For you newbies, for the past 3 years I have put together the only (that I know of ;) ) Turbo Buick calendar. All turbo buick powered products are eligible, including TTAs. The way we usually do it, is everyone that wants to submits a picture to me with the proper info. I will then put up a website with thumbnails of the pics and everyone votes on their top picks. The top ones end up in the calendar. Please follow the rules when submitting pics, and everyone stays happy. :D Good luck! I will open submissions up now, and close submissions at Midnight CST, on November 15th.

1) Pictures MUST be of a turbo buick powered vehicle. Traditional ones that win do NOT have people in the pictures, and are of the cars in a nice background scene, in a forest preserve or similiar area.
2) Pictures must be AT LEAST 800x600. The larger the better.
3) Each submitter must choose only ONE picture to submit. If you decide to send in multiple pics, I will choose the one I like best.
4) Please send in the pic with the following info:
Name:
City, State:
Year, Make Model:
Mod list:
Timeslip:
You can use first name and state if you don't want any details published
5) The number 1 voted car owner will get a free calendar. I am also giving free calendars to Bruce, and the 4 main mods of TurboBuick.com for their thanks of letting me run this through their site.
6) My decision is final on all disputes (we have never had a dispute, but I like saying that. ;) )

Please submit pics ONLY to
Turbocal@toddsplace.com

DO NOT send pics anywhere else or it may not get entered into the contest....

Further info, the calendars are printed on 20# paper, full color, GBC plastic comb bound, printed on a color laser printer. The top of the page is an 7 x 10 picture of a winning entry, the bottom is a full page calendar with thumbnails of the entries that didn't win.

Everyones submission will be in the calendar somewhere. The 12 winners, 1 winner for the cover page, and the thumbnails for all the rest of the entries.

Calendars this year will be $20 each, shipped to you first class mail. Makes a great Holiday present. Calendars should be available to start shipping by the first week of December. You will be able to pay by money order, or paypal. I never take anyones money until I am ready to ship and have the product in hand. (Bet you never thought any vendors did that! ;) )

Thanks all!

That sounds good. I have to admit, I've never seen any of your past posters. Is there a website where I can see last years product? Don't think I can use it anymore. :)

Also, you said custom calendars can be done. What about listing of holidays. Can you have certain holidays done?

Thanks

Pretty new to the board, eh? :)

I still had some shots of the calendar from last year when I had a website up advertising them to sell.

Last year my big calendars were a boat one and the turbo one. The year before I had a G-body calendar and the turbo one.

What I mean by custom is that people send me 13 of their favorite pictures of whatever, and I assemble them into a calendar. I can then add in birthdays, holidays, etc.... Contact me off list for more about that.

Here are the shots....
http://www.geocities.com/tjthorsonhome@sbcglobal.net/calpic1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/tjthorsonhome@sbcglobal.net/calpic2.jpg

So far I have 0 pics submitted. Send them in people!!!!

Mods - can this be a sticky for a while?

Todd, It appears that we can submit digital pics this year via email vs photographs?

tjthorson - I sent you an e-mail and a handfull of pics of my GN. These are just pics I had on hand I can take better ones in a better location if need be, Thanks............................:)

Well, for every year most of the pics came via email. Just be sure the pics are big. If its suitable for a website, its too small for sure.....

I think each year only 1 or 2 pics were sent via snailmail.....

Last year I think there was around 80 submissions, the first year was well over 100....

Todd - did you used to work in Rosemont? I met up with Steve wen I was up there on a business trip he said you used to work near the Sofitel/convention center

Originally posted by tjthorson
Pretty new to the board, eh? :)

Actually I've been here almost as long as you have. Just never really paid attention to the calendar threads before. This sounded like something I would like this year but have a few special requests. As you can see, I'm living in Germany and along with American holidays I would like to know when the German holidays are as well. I can send them to you since they are a bit tricky. Just thought others would like to hear the answer to this question as well.

Thanks.

WOW! I got some great pics so far. Calendar will be the best one ever for sure! (I think I say that every year.... ;) )

hey todd i hope to be going to the track this weekend and will hopefully have a new pic to send you for this year
do you have any calendars from last year left?
i forgot to order some extras and now my mom is busting my chops for one haha
Thanks
Rich

3) Each submitter must choose only ONE picture to submit. If you decide to send in multiple pics, I will choose the one I like best.

Sorry i couldnt deside for myself and sent you a few :confused:

Was my picture okay? I didn't know if it went through okay and I didn't hear anything from you.

Thanks,

James Bishir

Yes, I got it James.

I cant reply to everybody, I see the pics coming in, we are up to over 20 now I think. Thanks!

Since soooooo many of you were disappointed last year, I have already pre-ordered a bunch of holes and had the paper sent out to have the holes electrostatically applied. These are new holes, not refurbs, and should last a good long time, probably about a year.... :D

(Are we REALLY going to start the hole thing again???? :D )