It's alive! Now, tuning advice please, Scanmaster #'s included

Guess

87 GN
I've resurrected an '87 GN!

I've done all the Spring Cleaning except for Differential fluid (for this weekend).

MODS listed in Sig. Plugs CR42TS gaped a tight .35. Fuel pressure is 43 line off, 40 line on.

The car feels like about a 14 second car or so. However, it hesitates/cuts out and sounds like a backfire or two through the intake at part throttle or when I floor it for the first 2-3 seconds or so then it takes off. making about 14-15 lbs of boost.

Car shifts at about 4700 into 3rd. Supposed to be 5200? Need springs?

Idle:
02 - 400-600 (all over)
AF - 4
LB - 27-28
INT - 128
BL - 135
RPM -875-900
TPS - .44
IAC - 0 it was 19 before re-adjusting the TPS. I'll fiddle with it again.
CC-20-250 Starts at 20 and goes up in multiples of 20 or so until 250 then starts again at about 20. repeat.

Full throttle 3rd gear runs.
02 - 782
kr - 0 Sometimes got .5 or so with the pops through the intake
AF - 190
LB 255
INT - 128
BL - 121
TPS - 4.60
IAC - 72
CC - 189

Thanks for any help!

Your MAF numbers are low.
MAF Mass Air Flow 4 - 7 idle - 255 WOT

I would not run R42 plugs,too cold IMO unless you really plan on putting some boost into it

Thanks for the help. I'll get the other plugs recommended. I plan on getting an alky kit, but that won't be until later.

It's an LS1 maf with a "Horsepower in a box" translator. I know there are some adjustments I can make. I'll read up on it to see if there's anything I can do.

Thanks for the help. I'll get the other plugs recommended. I plan on getting an alky kit, but that won't be until later.

It's an LS1 maf with a "Horsepower in a box" translator. I know there are some adjustments I can make. I'll read up on it to see if there's anything I can do.

Make sure limiter is set to "ON"

R43's gapped to .032

That way when you get the alcohol system on the car you dont have to go and re-gap.

Make sure IAC reads above zero or you'll have drivability probs.

Ahh! I literally just got done installing the 43ts at .35. :D

I printed out a manual for the translator. I'll check that and redo iac and tps. About to go test drive again. :smile:

WoW! I didn't think this car would have that much get up and go at this stage! Really happy. I have a 1 tire fryer.

I got the iac and tps re-adjusted. I installed new intercooler and intake gaskets and hose clamps. I must have had a leak at the intake because the band on the intake side was broken and loose. Everything else looks good except the maf seems to be reading low still. 4 at idle and about 228 in 3rd WOT.

Razor, I didn't see any limiter setting. The dip switches are "on", "on", "on", "off". It looks like that is the setting it is supposed to have with my Trubo Tweak chip.