Issues with Stabil fuel stabilizer...

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
I recently ran into some issues after dumping some Stabil in my tank to keep things from degrading over a long storage period.

I am getting some backfiring/popping under WOT. It seems to be lessening now as I burn away the tank that had the Stabil in it and replace with fresh fuel.

Has anybody else ever had this experience using Stabil? As far as I know, my car is in good tune - no coil pack issues, plugs and wires are fresh, etc.

Rich
_____

I would avoid running WOT with old fuel. I always put the stabil in the V8 and V6 and never had any issues

Just got on it for a second actually. No real part throttle driveability issues. Then, started it and had a high idle, so I'm wondering if my MAF is on the way out finally.

FYI..

I've heard numerous recommendations to use the Sta-Bil Marine formula, the blue stuff, rather than the regular red stuff.

Reason being is that the blue is for fuel with ethanol in it, which most of our gasoline obviously has now. The red Sta-Bil is for non-ethanol fuels.

Alcohol/ethanol attracts and absorbs water, therefor sh*tting up the fuel in your tank. Using the marine formula helps mitigate this.

If it's just running a little rough, I would just drive Miss Daisy for a little while until it's flushed out. If it's real bad, and there's a lot left, put a hose on the fuel rail and pump it out.