Isopropyl Alcohol

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
I ran out of Meth and need to get around. I have an Alky system from Razor. Can i run my car on isopropyl alcohol the same way i run on meth? Do i need to lower my boost? Or do they pretty much work exactly the same? Thanks in advance.

Go to Lowes and get denatured alcohol until you can get some. I dont know about isopropyl but I am sure someone will chime in. Send a PM to Julio.

Bryan

Heet is also methanol. Walmart

ISO typically has water. So you need to retune. Anytime you make a change to fluid, how much, etc.. go back to square zero.. drop boost.. and refigure it out.

Heet is also methanol. Walmart

ISO typically has water. So you need to retune. Anytime you make a change to fluid, how much, etc.. go back to square zero.. drop boost.. and refigure it out.

one of them (yellow OR Red) has Meth and the other has Iso.
i guess the one with Meth would be best??:confused:

That's why you need a manual boost controller. Takes me 30 seconds to adjust my boost pressure.

You can get ISO in 70-30 or 90-10. I ran LOTS of it in the day. Just had to tune for it and it worked great.

That's why you need a manual boost controller. Takes me 30 seconds to adjust my boost pressure.

Your doing something wrong if it takes you that long. Even with a factory adj wg... its a few seconds.. unless your trying to use the factory clip.. then that is whats delaying you.

Most use an alligator style clip to hold the rod onto the puck arm.. a set of pliers.. and boost adjustments are quick.. even when the turbo is smoking hot.

Your doing something wrong if it takes you that long. Even with a factory adj wg... its a few seconds.. unless your trying to use the factory clip.. then that is whats delaying you.

Most use an alligator style clip to hold the rod onto the puck arm.. a set of pliers.. and boost adjustments are quick.. even when the turbo is smoking hot.

That includes stoping the car, getting out, opening the hood, and turning the knob.:rolleyes:

You guys have the luxury of big open engine bays with everything layed out for easy access. My MBC on the Charger is tucked between the intake plenum and firewall. Wanna swap the turbo? I have to pull either the cylinder head or the whole engine- either way it's about the same amount of time.

You guys have the luxury of big open engine bays with everything layed out for easy access. My MBC on the Charger is tucked between the intake plenum and firewall. Wanna swap the turbo? I have to pull either the cylinder head or the whole engine- either way it's about the same amount of time.

Need to get you a sawzall :D and make a little clearance ;)

Iso

I've been using 90/10 ISO for years in my 87 GN. I switch and retune for METH at the track... just makes sense to me when the cost difference is a concern.

I have been running straight De-natured and at 19.99 a gallon its a bit expensive... Is ISo cheaper ? or can I mix water with the denatured and be ok too ?
I have an old SMC system not rated for Methanol.
What about the washer fluid stuff is that what was discussed earlier ? Is that a real option at about 1.50 a gallon ???

Thanks

I have been running straight De-natured and at 19.99 a gallon its a bit expensive... Is ISo cheaper ? or can I mix water with the denatured and be ok too ?
I have an old SMC system not rated for Methanol.
What about the washer fluid stuff is that what was discussed earlier ? Is that a real option at about 1.50 a gallon ???

Thanks

i ran out of M1 about a month ago
i have been using WWF mixed with 1 bottle of ISO
last year i also ran out of M1
and used the yellow WWF it has more alcohol then the blue stuff it even says "flammable" right on the bottle.
all that said i TURNED DOWN the boost from my normal setting of 28-30 to 18-20 just to try and be on the safe side.