Is This The End Of Postons :(

I'm glad they are dead and gone. I was not impressed with them over the last four years, or so. Last time I ordered something from them I had to listen to the lady who answered the phone and some dude in the background have a shouting match about who was right or wrong about a part. Friggin idiots. :rolleyes:

Hate to see them gone. I have ordered alot of parts from them over the years and nothing but good service. Guess this is before they sold out.:frown:

I ordered an engine kit a few years ago from them. The lifters were found floating around the shipping box and two of the faces were knicked pretty bad. I called and asked for replacements to be sent. The guy on the phone told me it would be cheaper for me to get them from a local parts store instead of paying to ship them back to Postons. They have seen 0 of my $ since then.

:confused: does anyone know where postons parts are going, I need a ton of stuff for my GN and dont know where else to get this stuff!!! :frown:

I ordered just over $200 worth of stuff from them on June 23rd. I had no clue this was even going on or I would've just ordered from Kirban. I've dealt with the phone tag game like everyone else did for the past month. Finally got a hold of the lady that "runs it" about 2 weeks later. Said she was out of town on some "family emergency" and she found my order. Claimed she had most of the items I ordered in stock but a couple of the items were on back order. Haven't been able to get ahold of her since... I'm thinking I need to take a road trip to Alabama.. :mad:

So in the meantime am I ever going to get my sh*t or what? Most likely not.. I shouldn't have to waste time worrying about who I can trust in the Buick community, especially someone who's been a reputable supplier like Poston..

Will the honest Buick part vendors please stand up?

I hope they can re organize or something soon, this was one of the few vendors that had parts for the 84-85 buicks, if they're gone there goes a vendor we could count on. No one has heard anything recently?

I ordered just over $200 worth of stuff from them on June 23rd. I had no clue this was even going on or I would've just ordered from Kirban. I've dealt with the phone tag game like everyone else did for the past month. Finally got a hold of the lady that "runs it" about 2 weeks later. Said she was out of town on some "family emergency" and she found my order. Claimed she had most of the items I ordered in stock but a couple of the items were on back order. Haven't been able to get ahold of her since... I'm thinking I need to take a road trip to Alabama.. :mad:

So in the meantime am I ever going to get my sh*t or what? Most likely not.. I shouldn't have to waste time worrying about who I can trust in the Buick community, especially someone who's been a reputable supplier like Poston..

Will the honest Buick part vendors please stand up?

Can't imagine why people like myself are dropping LS engines in these things at a very high rate...and yes, killing it as a turbo regal in the process. I'd say there is only a hand full of reputable TR vendors left and some of them are so convinced that they are doing us a service rather than treating us like customers. Not all vendors are like that. I'll just run my little turbo 6.0 and buy body parts from bweavy when I need them.

:confused: does anyone know where postons parts are going, I need a ton of stuff for my GN and dont know where else to get this stuff!!! :frown:

I depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking used, NOS, and/or NIB:

GBodyParts.com Online
Antique Old Buick Parts CARS, Inc.
Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com

And then there is nos4gn but for some reason it's censored so I can't link to it.

Can't imagine why people like myself are dropping LS engines in these things at a very high rate...and yes, killing it as a turbo regal in the process. I'd say there is only a hand full of reputable TR vendors left and some of them are so convinced that they are doing us a service rather than treating us like customers. Not all vendors are like that. I'll just run my little turbo 6.0 and buy body parts from bweavy when I need them.

Yeah, but I already have an 11 sec. LS powered car. Honestly, one of the reasons I bought the GN was because I didn't want a loud, in your face car to drive on the weekends anymore, plus I wanted to keep the miles down on the WS6. Also, the '87 I just bought used to belong to my mom since '98 which makes me only the third owner an all stock, 59k mile original GN. Me, I like variety and though the car would be different, the motor would be routine to me since a lot of people around here have LS powered cars, and including myself there's literally only a very small handful of people around here who have TR's. Though I don't have anything against anyone that's done an LS swap on a TR, it's just not my style..

Though I've begun to modify the Buick, it's mostly things that GM fell short on. The stock fuel system, stock breather, etc.

And no, no word from what used to be Poston..