Is This The End Of Postons :(

2TURBOT

:confused: HI all....well i have been trying to reach POSTONS to order a set of the great floor mats they sell at a killer price. but it looks bad for the old vendor:( the website is down can not be found,toll free # is disconnected,normal phone rings and goes to full message box, and i talked to them on july 7 about floor mats but they could not take a cc # because their computer was down(they would call next day) :confused: i hope they are not gone for good!!! i will miss POSTONS!! Jennifer(from POSTONS) please dont close the doors if ya read this!! we need good turbo buick vendors!!!!! ALEX

At one time they were a great company. That time has surely passed. They burned a lot of people over the last year.

The business was probably in the crapper when it was bought but not returning customer phone calls or emails after parts were paid for and ordered is unacceptable imo so fuk em!

Looks like they are down for the count. Very sad......

John

Yeah looks as though the last owner sold the current owner the business with $10k in debt and she didnt know and he skipped town or something like that. And she was never able to recover.

My dad decided he would just go off and order what he needed without talking to me before he made the purchase of a cam. I think mainly because I've been tring to push him in the roller cam direction and he didn't want to spend the cash. So without talking to me he grabbed an old Postons book and placed an order. He ordered a cam and some lifters over a month ago. He still has not received nothing from them. I spoke with the lady at Postons two weeks ago yesterday and she told me that the cams had came in and that the grinds were going to be done on that Friday. I have tried to contact them several times since then. I spoke with the lady one more time and ask for my dads money back and she told me the credit card machine was down. So I then told her I bet if I wanted to place an order it would be working, uh. She had no responce. I have been ordering parts through G-Body since last year with great results and support. I told my dad that after it was to late about the negotive threads on Postons that I'd been seeing on the board.

Cc Machine Was Down July 7th

it saved me from paying for $300 dollars in parts!!!! thats true...cant even order parts then ..now GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redface:

It's called..

Yeah looks as though the last owner sold the current owner the business with $10k in debt and she didnt know and he skipped town or something like that. And she was never able to recover.

"due dilligence". Why would someone purchase a business without such research being done?:confused:
There's also a document known as a certified audit..
I would think that should have uncovered such a debt...
As mentioned above..Still no excuse for taking folks $$, then stiffing them.:mad:
Remind you of other "screws" we all know??

As for:
"I spoke with the lady at Postons two weeks ago yesterday and she told me that the cams had came in and that the grinds were going to be done on that Friday."
What a crock!.. They sold stuff made by others. Gotta give her credit, tho. She was "quik on the switch" to come with a response...Albeit, pure BS.

Really too bad to see what used to be a staple vendor go down the toilet now. I've bought a ton of stuff from them, both for the TR and for the old 455 Electra.

"due dilligence". Why would someone purchase a business without such research being done?:confused:
There's also a document known as a certified audit..
I would think that should have uncovered such a debt...
As mentioned above..Still no excuse for taking folks $$, then stiffing them.:mad:
Remind you of other "screws" we all know??

As for:
"I spoke with the lady at Postons two weeks ago yesterday and she told me that the cams had came in and that the grinds were going to be done on that Friday."
What a crock!.. They sold stuff made by others. Gotta give her credit, tho. She was "quik on the switch" to come with a response...Albeit, pure BS.

Hey Chuck...I concur with you......this was just the "line" given to me. The old Postons ran by Jim was an OLD rundown bldg. heck I used to drive there and get parts back in the day. My wife has made a few trips there to get things for surprises for me over the years.
Guess them days are gone.

There is no way a business shuts down with only 10k of undisclosed debt
if it has any cash flow what so ever. Unless all creditors are maxed and you go in with absolutely no funding. And if that is the case who made that loan.

Man, first ATR went out of business on me and now Poston's. I wonder if any of the other vendors in the community will get a chance at their inventory and what not.

did postons still sell that crappy 600 hp AC fuel pump or whatever it was rated at?