is this possible

TylerDurden

Jack's Smirking Revenge
I was wondering if you can make a "doggy" door in a screen door, i am thinking of cutting out a square cleanly....then maybe hanging a rubber type flap between two pieces of wood that are nailed together thru the screen...maybe make it look nice with some trim to around the other three sides...

anyone else ever do/see something like this?

TIA
dan

A longtime ago I was a Grocery delivery boy in my youth.

I saw a neat doggie door that someone had installed right onto thier screen door. It was in the bottom 1/2 of the screen door attached to the sides & bottom.

That was along time ago. Maybe checking on the net may help find something like that.

I've done that for years for our sliding glass door, only I don't get so elaborate as to add a rubber flap, I just slit the screen across the bottom and up the sides, and let the screen flap just hang! (the vinyl type screen, NOT the aluminum stuff) For winter I made a plexiglass dog door, works like a charm, Check it out!

Yes we did this on our screen door for our small dog. You can actually buy these things, so check around and maybe save yourself the hassle of ruining your screen. :)