is this correct line lock installation?

Gbodyolds

would just like to know if i got this right before i get in to it .
remove both front brake out lines from the prop valve and screw both of them in to opposing ends of a "T", make a line that will go from the last port in the "T" to the outlet on the line lock. then run a line from one of the open ports on the prop valve to the inlet port on the line lock, plug all left over open ports bleed the system wire it up and go do a burn out !

easier way would be to splice into the rear line(actually front brake line, just closest to firewall) on the master cyl.then bleed the brakes and go

Gbodyolds said:
would just like to know if i got this right before i get in to it .
remove both front brake out lines from the prop valve and screw both of them in to opposing ends of a "T", make a line that will go from the last port in the "T" to the outlet on the line lock. then run a line from one of the open ports on the prop valve to the inlet port on the line lock, plug all left over open ports bleed the system wire it up and go do a burn out !

That should work fine.

The best place to mount the line lock is on the Bracket near the Proportioning valve. This makes for an invisible installation.

Be sure to use inverted flare female to NPT male adapters for the body of the line lock (If using a Hurst unit for sure). LOTS of people don't realize this is required and they have nothing but problems.

yes i am using a hurst and i did know about the fittings.
I know this way may take more work and take longer but from everything i have read this is the correct way to do it (after the prop valve), id rather do it the hard way, get it right the first time and have it work to its fullest potential (plus its outta sight) than cut corners to save some time and work.

Gbodyolds said:
yes i am using a hurst and i did know about the fittings.
I know this way may take more work and take longer but from everything i have read this is the correct way to do it (after the prop valve), id rather do it the hard way, get it right the first time and have it work to its fullest potential (plus its outta sight) than cut corners to save some time and work.

It actually will only add a couple minutes to the process (the time it takes to jack up and block the car). I installed mine in less than 1 hour total.

its all good i gotta jack it up anyway i got a bunch of stuff to do all at once, hooker exhaust, braded brake lines, differential cover, trainling arms, shifter cable, and maybe some bilsteins if i get them before i start.

Line lock installation

I have read this thread and was wondering what you are doing by using only one port of the proportioning valve for the front brakes. Is this safe? And does it give you any idiot light issues?
I am getting ready to hook mine up and got on here to find out what port on the master cylinder to tap into, that question is answered and I can still make a clean installation, but now I am wondering about this prop. valve tapping? What is best as far as safety? It seems to me that it would be safer tapping into the master cylinder due to less connections and not blocking off the prop valve. Can anyone help me out?

also where is the most common or preferred place to mount the switch?

hey Jeff, Most people mount their switch on their shifter. i actually mounted a toggle on the passenger side of my center counsel down low so it's hidden. You may not want to drill a hole in yours? I like to hide things though! ----Jeremy

easier at the master yes but NHRA regulation 3:1 says
"If brake system includes a differential pressure switch, line-loc installed on front brakes must have solenoid installed after the differential switch. all line-loc's (electric or hydraulic) must be self-returning to normal brake operating mode." If you take it to the track will they bust your balls, thats anyones guess some places do some dont personally I'd rather do it their way so theres no question. theres a good write up about line lock installation on MonteCarloSS.com if your interested

Wouldn't happen to have a link to that thread would ya?

Ya there is nothing on that site for line loc install?:confused: If you put it at the master cyl the brake light will always be on when your foot is off the brake. i have a tci line lock with this problem. I will have to move it to after the brake valve.

I mounted my switch on the column tilt lever. Nobody notices it there.