Is this an atr rear sway bar? Loose fit. Help appreciated.

HouTX87

Just installed this bar. Needed a lot of shims. If not atr what is it and correct application?
20171017_175548.jpg 20171017_175606.jpg

When I had that bar I had HR lower control arms and the big bar was right up to them, in fact I had to grind them down some they wouldn't push the arms out. I wouldn't run that arrangement.

When I had that bar I had HR lower control arms and the big bar was right up to them, in fact I had to grind them down some they wouldn't push the arms out. I wouldn't run that arrangement.
Lowers are boxed and bolt holes reinforced and I was expecting a tight fit. Dug through some threads and looks like it may be a herb adams bar? I want to know if its even for a gbody. Might be getting a hr bar sooner than later.

I run the ATR bar with HR lower control arms. It is a tight fit and it did not require any type of shims.

I have Herb Adams sway bars on my car, 1 5/16" front and 1 1/2" rear. I believe the ATR rear bar is only 1 3/8". I ordered them from summit racing the spring of '88.
It recall the listing in the catalog was for A and G bodies. The rear bar did come with a tapered wedge shim for each side that attached using both bolts, it was a tight fit. Mine is mounted to Kenne-bell lift bars.
I haven't had any troubles with mine, I thought if I did I would weld the shim/ spacer to the control arm.
I would make a tapered wedge shim and run it.

I have Herb Adams sway bars on my car, 1 5/16" front and 1 1/2" rear. I believe the ATR rear bar is only 1 3/8". I ordered them from summit racing the spring of '88.
It recall the listing in the catalog was for A and G bodies. The rear bar did come with a tapered wedge shim for each side that attached using both bolts, it was a tight fit. Mine is mounted to Kenne-bell lift bars.
I haven't had any troubles with mine, I thought if I did I would weld the shim/ spacer to the control arm.
I would make a tapered wedge shim and run it.
Thank you, great info. This sounds like what I have. Ill have to figure out how to make a wedge shim. Using these washers i have 5 in the front and about 15 in the back. I think this bar measured 35 or 36 mm. Its been a few weeks.

Those bolts will bend, and the washers will deform.
Definitely not a G body bar.

Not an ATR bar and not made for G body's like mentioned by others.

What would this most likely fit? Seller offered a refund but its too expensive to ship again.

FWIW, that is not an ATR bar. The lower portion of the ATR bar is curved for diff. clearance. The ATR bar also does not require any shims. It's a direct bolt in.

Ive already removed it and bought a hellwig. Its laying on the floor in my garage. Big waste of time.

I bought an atr bar but sold it when I was down to 1 TR. running a Chevelle bar for 8 years but tired of the squeaking. So just ordered an HR bar from RPS.

Here’s a pic of the Chevelle bar on my TR.
c589bfb4a296d48d2ccae640db10c0c7.jpg

7fc6e3d92f207961d17872dd16c09e6c.jpg

My bench seat Buick is popular with the kids so I’ll keep for a while :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro