Is this a precision 62mm cea turbine

JT'sV6

Took the turbo off the car today and snapped a few pics of the ex wheel. I bought this in july iirc and think it may be the cea wheel and want other opinions.

66mmvs65mm.jpg62mm.jpg62mm2.jpg

i would be sending precision turbo that pic. i dont believe they offered those until VERY recently like september or so, best regards rob

Hell yeah!! lol

I always thought it spooled quicker and took less stall than what I read about the cast 62mm wheel.

i was typing while bison was posting, if he says yes than it is one, he would know for sure, he is a buick god. lol question answered

i was typing while bison was posting, if he says yes than it is one, he would know for sure, he is a buick god. lol question answered

I know bison knows his stuff and I highlly reguard what he says about turbo buicks. I still want a second opinion from patrick since he works for precision. And it'd be nice the next time you have your turbo off to maybe snap a pic and post it for me:D

i would be sending precision turbo that pic. i dont believe they offered those until VERY recently like september or so, best regards rob

Some people got the new wheel with out knowing it.
They ran out of stock and had to move up the production on the new units before they were marketed.

Hell yeah!! lol

I always thought it spooled quicker and took less stall than what I read about the cast 62mm wheel.

The new turbine wheels are cast as well.
They are just designed in house by PTE instead of being sourced.

The new turbine wheels are cast as well.
They are just designed in house by PTE instead of being sourced.

I was thinking they were billet for some reason. But that makes sence since there are no tooling marks on the turbine wheel.

I was thinking they were billet for some reason. But that makes sence since there are no tooling marks on the turbine wheel.

No problem, I hope my response was not perceived as being rude, it was not my intent.

Took the turbo off the car today and snapped a few pics of the ex wheel. I bought this in july iirc and think it may be the cea wheel and want other opinions.

Yes, that is the new CEA designed 62mm turbine wheel. You can tell by the smooth rounded edges of the turbine wheel nut. The older 62 turbine wheel has very sharp and straight edges on the turbine wheel nut, just as pictured above.
I believe the change was made in either late June or early July.
So, you're good to go. The original press release verbage about the new CEA turbine wheels, was a little misleading as it read like the turbine wheel was Billet.

Just to set the record straight, our CEA compressor wheels are CNC machined billet aluminum alloy.

Our CEA turbine wheels are still casted, however the difference is our engineers have utilized the same Competition Engineered Aerodynamic design principles as we used on the compressor wheels, to create a more efficient turbine wheel.

HTH

Patrick

No problem, I hope my response was not perceived as being rude, it was not my intent.

Not at all.

Yes, that is the new CEA designed 62mm turbine wheel. You can tell by the smooth rounded edges of the turbine wheel nut. The older 62 turbine wheel has very sharp and straight edges on the turbine wheel nut, just as pictured above.
I believe the change was made in either late June or early July.
So, you're good to go. The original press release verbage about the new CEA turbine wheels, was a little misleading as it read like the turbine wheel was Billet.

Just to set the record straight, our CEA compressor wheels are CNC machined billet aluminum alloy.

Our CEA turbine wheels are still casted, however the difference is our engineers have utilized the same Competition Engineered Aerodynamic design principles as we used on the compressor wheels, to create a more efficient turbine wheel.

HTH

Patrick

Thank you.

Just a question. If I sent in a turbo that was under warranty that locked up would it have the new cea wheel? it was lat july early aug. was a 6265 jb?

Sent in a turbo to them for repair also under warranty and it came back like new with the same wheels. 65 trim in, 65 trim came back. I wouldn't have complained if it did come back with the New CEA wheel though.:)

Just a question. If I sent in a turbo that was under warranty that locked up would it have the new cea wheel? it was lat july early aug. was a 6265 jb?

The new wheel is a 66mm. so if it is still a 6265 thn you have the old one. the new one would be called a 62-66.
The turbo in question here is a 6262

I doubt they would supply the needed new ex housing that fits the new 66 wheel for free so with that being said probably not unless you asked for it and paid the extra $ for it. Tmk they do not re-machine ex housings. Only supply new ones cut for the wheel you are ordering.