Is there an alky kit for the 84-85?

84turbogn

I will get in the 12's
I was wondering if an alky kit was availible for my 84. I'm not sure at what stage it would best to put it on. I've got a few $$ to spend on upgrades. I'm going to take care of the chip, fuel reg. fuel pump and hopefully a little more time on turbolink . Guages also. The track is open here and I'd like to get down there and see what the national has. any sugestions? Is alky a soon next step?? Thanks

Has your car been converted yet? Is it still running the 84 computer, maf, coil pack deal?.. this may be a better step so custom chips can be made to tailor the alcohol.

The kit for an 84 is the same pretty much as the kit for an 86/87. Only difference is the pressure hose length, and the use of a solenoid with fittings since the nozzle goes into a vacuum source. Both which increase costs.

6 Sense has a hot air with alky. We did that kit late last year. I did an install on a 84 GN this weekend, it had the turbo motion conversion with the IC and different intake.

The only thing I've converted is the ignition module. Is there a kit that has everything needed to switch the ecu. I noticed their is a lot more info on turbolink for the newer ecu, and was wondering about it. Is it cost effective? anyone run into problems tring to convert thier computer? And could i do it myself?? thanks !!

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the Alky kit on an 84-85? I was thinking of getting an alky kit myself....

Originally posted by 84turbogn
The only thing I've converted is the ignition module. Is there a kit that has everything needed to switch the ecu. I noticed their is a lot more info on turbolink for the newer ecu, and was wondering about it. Is it cost effective? anyone run into problems tring to convert thier computer? And could i do it myself?? thanks !!
Do a search over in the hotair section. I recently basically broke down the ECM conversion in a thread over there to show how easy and CHEAP it is. I dont think I can own a 84/85 without converting to the 86/87 ECM. Let me say that I was not very impressed at the least with the [lack of] info displayed with TLink via 84ECM. Whole new ball game with the later ECM as far as data. A plus when trying to tune and chip availability.

I have been experimenting with alky injection since the late 90's and have recently upgraded to Razor's progressive technology. Let me give a big thumbs up to alky on a hotair. If you dont want to take my word on it, just look at Lee Thompson :eek: ;)
Its got to be on the list of most bang for the buck. Do the basic upgrades on your car as shown over at gnttype.org in the original hotair recipe by David Cooley and then most definately consider alcohol injection.

after seeing the data on tlink thats when i decided to look into it. I'm going to look at the threads you wrote thanks!!!!

I picked up a used SMC kit for my 84. The main difference is the selinoid in the line so the vacuum created won't suck the alky tank dry. I did not help me much with the nozzle installed in the adapter below the turbo. I'm sure it works much better like Lee Thompson's with one or two jets in the intake. I added a spearco intercooler and now I can just pipe it into one of the pipes and it should work more like on the 87's.
Do change out the ecm, it easy. Just follow the instruction on the turboregal websit.