Is there a Gasket for 3" THDP??

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
I recently had a 3" THDP put on my car and they put a gasket between the downpipe and the turbo. Since then within a week the gasket has been "blown out". I don't recall having a gasket between the turbo and downpipe before when the THDP was originally put on the car.... (this is the second time due to other circumstances)

Is a gasket needed between my PTE TA-53 turbo (new) and my new THDP?

I was starting to wonder why my low end was so horrible and my spool was like I was pushing a T-100 with a 4 cylinder....

I already knew my drivers side header was cracked, so I bought a new one from Postons and took it in to have it put on (no time to do it myself). They informed me that not only my DS header was cracked all the way around the 3rd runner, but there was a gasket between my DP and turbo that was blown out and leaking bad too.....

Hmmm, looks like my spool is going to change soon.....

Leaks after the turbo have no impact on performance. Your turbo to DP leak is no different than your "tailpipe leak".

Exceptions would be if you leaked so much exhaust under the hood so as to raise underhood temperature or somehow managed to stuff the foul, hot exhaust back into the intake.

Not that I'm promoting leaks...

:)

well regardless of the DP leak, that header with the crack around the entire 3rd runner with daylight showing through wasn't helping things lol:eek:

If the THDP is the same as the ATRDP, then a gasket can affect l the spool. If I run one it causes the wg puck to stay a couple of milimeters away from turbo and spool is slow. Peevs meoff. They sent another one and it did same so i run w/o gasket.

Thin coat of copper RTV will take up the imperfections and will not move the puck away from the exhaust haousing. Worked for me. Mine was leaking on the bottom side and blowing hot exhaust onto the oil cooler lines heating the oil.
Mitch

Originally posted by rick cain
If the THDP is the same as the ATRDP, then a gasket can affect l the spool. If I run one it causes the wg puck to stay a couple of milimeters away from turbo and spool is slow. Peevs meoff. They sent another one and it did same so i run w/o gasket.

I was noticing some bad spool that I didn't notice before they put that gasket in there.... hmmmmm that idea makes sense to me